1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Creating religions from the start of scenario

Discussion in 'Civ5 - SDK / LUA' started by ImaRRgam, Jul 28, 2018.

1. ImaRRgam

ImaRRgam Chieftain

Hello!
    I have my custom map scenario with starting cities on it already and I wanted to add religion to them. Simply, when I start scenario I want that there will be 3 religions founded already, specify which cities subject to them and also I want to block a possibility of founding new religons by all players (also AI). Is there already any template or full mod to do that?
    If something is not clearly explained, I'll do my best to explain it better :)

2. MariusMagnus

MariusMagnus Chieftain

All of what you're looking to do should be possible. See the Conquest of the New World Deluxe and Into the Renaissance Scenarios for reference.

3. ImaRRgam

ImaRRgam Chieftain

Thanks for your response MariusMagnus,
    I have already checked that two and took technologies tree from them to create my own, but really can't find the thing responsible for religion management. I found only .xml file, where all religions that aren't used, are deleted. Any idea? Maybe I missed something?

4. MariusMagnus

MariusMagnus Chieftain

The file you want is a lua file called TurnsRemaining.lua (an instance of this file exists for each scenario). In each file there is a function called SetupReligions that does exactly that.

5. ImaRRgam

ImaRRgam Chieftain

Oh, I found that, thanks for help!