[Creation] Beta Lyrae Mod

...I proudly present my latest alt. faction. One more to go...

(I'm pretty happy with this one, actually.)

Attachments

• Jamta K'rrr.jpg
    Jamta K'rrr.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Starlost.zip
    125.9 KB · Views: 48
...I proudly present my latest alt. faction. One more to go...

(I'm pretty happy with this one, actually.)

Very, very nice work on the bases. :goodjob: And you are right about there being another blue faction: the Voracious are relatively close in factional color.

D

...I'm all ears, boss. Them's the ones with the screw-looking bases, right? That needed working on anyway. The map colors would be the easy part, especially if you had a look at the map and the power graph, and pointed me in the general direction of a color not in use...

.. Them's the ones with the screw-looking bases, right? That needed working on anyway. The map colors would be the easy part, especially if you had a look at the map and the power graph, and pointed me in the general direction of a color not in use...

Yeah, and thats the problem there. We've discussed this several times, and nothing has really grabbed either of us in regards to upgrading this faction, and so its sorta just been hanging out there for what, a couple months? I'd say if you give them the Spartan Black (since thats not being used) it might be best, or a Bear Brown. As far as the Screw Top looking bases are concerned, why I have never come up with something that really "fits" with this faction - know what I mean? I'd rather take one pass at them and be done (i.e. address both the bases and colors), but unless you've got something to replace the bases, then I'd say it might be better to put this on the back-burner, and maybe someone else has a brilliant idea in this regards. Any thoughts on this approach?

D

What's the filename? .

I was going to say "Voracious" but thats what I renamed the file to. It was originally a NetworkNode file, but I can't recall what it was (I'll see about looking this up when I get home tonight).

D

I see that I hadn't actually worked on the Ypunag; just looked at the file intending to.

I think you'll find the second .jpg very satisfactory. I even changed the red bits to green. I need to do the same for the leaderhead background, and alter the diplomacy landscape to reflect wider bases- and add some water, like I did for the Vikings.

One thing I'd like to do is come up with some alien shields. Any ideas?

Attachments

• ypunagBaseBefore.jpg
    ypunagBaseBefore.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 73
  • ypunagBaseAfter.jpg
    ypunagBaseAfter.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 70
I think you'll find the second .jpg very satisfactory. I even changed the red bits to green. I need to do the same for the leaderhead background, and alter the diplomacy landscape to reflect wider bases- and add some water, like I did for the Vikings.
Looks good! Also, can you change their faction color to Spartan black?

One thing I'd like to do is come up with some alien shields. Any ideas?

Maybe if you give some volume in the X axis to the lower rings?

Looks good! Also, can you change their faction color to Spartan black?
I can, but not a good idea. I don't think anyone knows how to get Spartan white numbers on the flag. I'd like the idea fine if it wasn't for that...

Maybe if you give some volume in the X axis to the lower rings?
I was thinking about maybe doing something with the colors of the middle rings, but how about very plain circles of floating energy? Doubled and gold for stage two?

I can, but not a good idea. I don't think anyone knows how to get Spartan white numbers on the flag. I'd like the idea fine if it wasn't for that... ?

Ah, OK. How about Bear Brown then?

I was thinking about maybe doing something with the colors of the middle rings, but how about very plain circles of floating energy? Doubled and gold for stage two?

OK, sounds good.

D

That could work for legibility, but would be tricky to get it tho show up on the worldmap.

Then how about Hive Blue since thats not being used.

Currently this is the last piece of the puzzle for this iteration: I am working on the installation directions now, then will probably be posting sometime this weekend.

D

-I already went with a medium brown. Since the faction is aquatic, it should show up fine. Easy to change, though.

I think this one turned out pretty good.

Give me a day, and I might have some alt. Data Angels for you...

Attachments

• Voracious.JPG
    Voracious.JPG
    8.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Voracious.zip
    101.2 KB · Views: 43
-I already went with a medium brown. Since the faction is aquatic, it should show up fine. Easy to change, though.

I think this one turned out pretty good.

I do too. :)

Give me a day, and I might have some alt. Data Angels for you...

You got it!

And here are the Voracious bases in situ. Also note the Empathi Tachyon fighter - its Clean! I'm pretty gol-darn happy about getting the AIs to build a clean unit! :woohoo:

Attachments

• Thank You Busters Uncle.jpg
    Thank You Busters Uncle.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 81
And some diplo with the new Voracious leaderhead!

Attachments

• Voracious diplo.jpg
    Voracious diplo.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 62
Wow. Congratulations of the clean unit building. I know that's huge for you.

The powergraph needed that touch of brown, I think, the bases look good in the game, and of course I appreciate the filename. A little love never hurt anyone. Thank you for all your good work, too. You're a pillar of SMAC, and the stuff I do with you is just plain better than what I do on my own.

...That leaderhead looks great in the game- how do the logos look? I've been too lazy to playtest anything lately...

That Leaderhead looks awesome - really got an alien/ lizardlike feel to it! I'll check out the faction logos shortly.

Heres a pic which shows the Autochthone bases Buster's Uncle made. Note also the Fleet Cruiser with Marine Detachment (another item you rarely see the AIs utilize).

Attachments

• Fleet Cruiser.jpg
    Fleet Cruiser.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 95
Top Bottom