1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Creation Day social event

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game: Citizens' started by DaveShack, Dec 31, 2005.

1. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Past demogames have featured creating the game as a social event held in a chat, and I think it would be a good idea this time. One thing a well attended creation chat can do is help establish and strengthen the out of game culture and role play.

Though it is almost never possible to meet the needs of every citizen, most times we seek citizen input on best and worst times to hold this momentus event.

Please post your requests for dates and times to hold the creation chat. Obviously the requested dates/times will need to be filtered by the available times of the MC for the event. The President may decide to host this chat personally, or it may fall to the first DP. It should not count as an actual play session, since we only go through the creation menu, find out what civ we are playing (random won the poll) and get our first look at the starting position.

2. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Systems of Vekta
    I personaly beleve we need a social event :).

3. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Anytime between 5:30pm EST and 10:00pm EST. And please, no 0'dark-30 chats! :eek:

4. Blkbird

Blkbird Chieftain

Maybe a swearing-in ceremony for the elected officials? :D

5. Alphawolf

Alphawolf Basileus, Founding Father

I'm good anytime before the 11th.

-the Wolf

6. CaliSurfer

CaliSurfer Chieftain

I'm good anytime but I guess I need to check in more often. This is the first I've been on since Christmas and I find that election are on with only 2 hours left.:eek:

7. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Anything before midnight GMT would be good really, school will start demanding my time soon enough.

8. Blkbird

Blkbird Chieftain

Now, this is how I figure it should be done:

Order:
    - First the old Censor swears in the new Censor;
    - Then the new Censor swears in all the other officials, in order of seniority;
    - For each offices with a Deputy position, the Deputy should be sworn in directly after the respective principal;
    - Last come the Designated Players.

Procedure:
    - Censor asks, "XYZ, do you accept the office of ABC for the first Term of the Civilization IV Game of Democracy and thereby swear to adhere to the Consitution and the Code of Laws of the Game, to act loyal, responsible and diligent towards our nation and its citizens and to cooperate with other officials of the Government in a respectful and productive manner, so as to serve our civilization to your best ability?"
    - XYZ answers, "Yes, I do."
    - Censor declears, "XYZ, you are now sworn in as the ABC. Good luck to you and your office!"
    - The crowd claps and cheers (/me shakes hands with the President). :lol:

Conclusion:
    - After the ceremony, the previous Censor announces in the forum that the new Censor has been officially sworn into the office;
    - The new Censor then announces all the other sworn in officials.

9. Ginger_Ale

Ginger_Ale Lurker Retired Moderator

Good luck getting all officials on at once...

This creation day chat is just where we create the save to start and get a few screenshots.

10. Chieftess

Somehow, that just sounds wrong. :p

Anyway, we need a specific time, and turnchat room.

We can use #turnchat. It's being used as the Civ3 Demogame Chatroom, but the Civ3 Demogame is nearing the final leg. They probably have a month or so left.

11. Sexton

Sexton Keeping the Books

Is this going to be on IRCnet? Are there any channels active at the moment related to the current demogame? I want "to idle" :)

12. Chieftess

It's on IRC-chat.net. Click the chat link at the top or bottom of the page to go there. The only related room to the demogame is #turnchat. Also, there's #civfanatics.

13. DaveShack

Actually there is also a #demogame channel.

14. Blkbird

Blkbird Chieftain

Of couse that is practically impossible. Those absent will have to be sworn in via forum PM.

15. DaveShack

OK, let's wake up this thread in anticipation that "the troubles" may end soon.

If we were to continue with the currently elected people (not yet decided) and the Triumvirate CoL (also not decided), it seems pretty clear that enough would be known to hold the creation event as early as Thursday 1/12. Sometime this upcoming weekend would be good.

Once again it's time to ask the questions, when do we want to hold this event, and who will create the game?

16. Blkbird

Blkbird Chieftain

The President, of course. And that leads us to the next question: Who will be the President?

Well, as soon as the ruling over JR1 is out, provided it goes the way I want it to, I'll besubmitting another JR request asking Alphawolf be declared absent for more than 7 days and his office thus be vacant. Then the duties of the President will be transferred to the Secretary of State.

17. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

If not the president the leading DP can do it if were mid way through electing the president, we need to get the game started!

18. Gloriana

Gloriana Chieftain

May I propose sort of a short creation event on chat as it is extremely hard to get everyone online at the same time, and a longer, more RP like ceremony in the forums (which can last like an entire day, maybe 2?) with all the swearing and such.. :p

Idea: A thread in which an official (suggested: Censor) poses the vow of loyalty to an official/the officials, which they then take and after which we can applaud and cheer? Making something large out of it if you like RP, or keeping it small if you don't... There's something for all tastes.

Concerning a chat: somewhere on Sunday, from say 12 CET (11 GMT) onwards I'm fine!

19. DaveShack

I agree, trying to do a swearing in ceremony during the chat wouldn't be a good idea. We should create the game, announce what we got, have a little discussion on it, and stop.

There's no swearing allowed on the forum, so we'll have to take an oath instead. :lol:

Spoiler for non English native speakers :

It's a pun, between to swear an oath, and using bad language (swearing).

20. Bengeance

Bengeance Civ Retributioner

I agree that it should probably take place mostly in the forums since it is pretty much a purely RP event. But it does sound like a lot of fun.