Creation Day Status

Cyc

Looking for the door...
Creation Day is the online TurnChat event where we start the game and get our opening screenshots. From there, we plot and plan the start of our nation.

As it looks now, we might have to postpone our Creation Day. This might be due to a number of things. Luckily, our election polls are doing fine, it looks like we will have all our office positions filled. But some of our World Options have yet to be decided. Especially the Tribe we will choose to play. Others are rule changes, the scenario choices, etc.

What are your thoughts on postponing the start of the game. Should we delay Creation Day until St. Pat's? Please post below.

Hmmmm. This is a busy thread....

I personally don't think we should have to postpone creation day. as it is, the last poll we'll be needing to start will be closing on march third, and we don't need the government up and running to create the game (someone correct me if i'm wrong). we can just get the save ready then wait for the term to begin, then we'll be founding the first city

A Runoff Poll for our Tribe choice has been posted in the Polls Sub-Forum. GO VOTE!

Every effort should be made to start on time. The sooner we start the game, the sooner we can start playing the game.

Ah, more profundity. I agree with everyone and I'm doing my best. My modem took a dump on me, my internet company then balked, then my boss lied to me and won't send me home to pick up my new modem. :(

I really am trying to get this all done. I'd like to thank DaveShack for getting the Sibling polls up. We'll bring this game up as soon as possible.

It's quite all right if we have to delay the start a few days. I doubt we'll have to wiat till St, Paddy's Day - though that might be an auspicious creation day if we play the Celts.

:D Excellent observtion, donsig.

Ok, folks, the elections are over. The results have been posted in the Election Office thread in the Government sub-forum. Each citizen who has been awarded an office should create a thread in the Government sub-forum to represent their office. If you're familiar with the DemoGames of the past, you know what I'm talking about. If not, you can watch as others put theirs up. There's a paragraph in the Constitution about this if you'd like to read about it.

In the Polls sub-forum you will see that we will be playing s the Celtic Tribe. Everyone be sure to wear something green. (j/k) It appears that Germany will be our Sibling and England will be our Mortal Enemy. (Are we keying on Europe these days?) Let's strt thinking about our History and our relationships with these Tribes.

Speaking of History, what are we going to call ourselves? I'm going to start thread for veryone to suggest names for our Tribe. Use your imagination.

1. Office holders start your threads

2. Start thinking about our History and our relations with our lost Sibling and the evil Mortal Enemy.

3. What will we call ourselves? What will we call the Germans? or the English?

The following guidelines will be used in our DemoGame Revival.

Game Structure - Sibling/MortalEnemy concept

Our Tribe - The Celts

Our Sibling's Tribe - Germany

Our Mortal Enemy's Tribe - England

Our World - Standard Size, 60% Water, Wet, Temperate, 4 billion years

Barbarians - Restless

Rule Changes - See post below

Difficulty Level - Monarch

Additional Rule Changes - Removed Respawn AI, Culturally-Link Tribes.

This post is a work in progress until noted.

Rule changes: the poll is closed. The selected options are:

Making volcanoes passable
Changing the terrain settings for volcanoes to make them mountains. (I think that's what it means)
They still erupt, but at least you can clean the pollution, road, and mine.

Tweaking corruption
Reducing the overall effect of corruption. Generally this leads to shorter games which have fewer unproductive towns far away from the capitol.

Statue of Zeus requirements

Make the SoZ wonder dependent on having horses instead of ivory. This reduces the effect of luxury resource clustering on the wonder race and makes it available on ivory free maps and continents.

Proportional naval movement
Give coast (3), sea(2), and ocean(1) tiles different movement costs, and increase the movement points of naval units (x3). This has the effect of speeding up long-distance crossings. Someone mentioned it is described in the GOTM forum.

A test BIQ is posted in the poll thread. If it checks out, looks like we can generate a world at the President's convenience. :D

Seems like there is. Let me get back to ya.

Went through the .bic. I removed the "Respawn the AI" option. Having an endgame plan is almost as good as having the game end. Also, I'm thinking about removing the option for having like tribes starting close to one another. "Culturally-linked Tribes". If we don't remove this, and the three main components of the game - Celts, English, and Germans being Europeans, will will meet very early in the game. If we remove the option and place our Sibling and Mortal Enemy farther down on the list, it may be a more fulfilling story. Comments?

While I'm thinking about it, we should have one more announcement for the creation of the game, right? Here is as good a place as any to post ideas.
Here's an idea. Kick it around some. The title would be "It's about to happen".
Then we could explain under the picture about Creation Day's event and so on.

Sample pics. I kinda like the egg waiting pic. I can try to increase the sizes if you'd like.

Attachments

• egg cracked.jpg
    egg cracked.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 257
  • egg waiting.jpg
    egg waiting.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 254
  • egg walking.jpg
    egg walking.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 241
  • egg peck.jpg
    egg peck.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 314
And then, of course there's always the Egg Nebula. This would represent the new begining.

Top Bottom