1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Cree First Look

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Chieftain

If its cost goes high in fact it becomes a negative UU. For me, I build dozens of scouts every game, but I never build them early. I always start with a builder. The best use of scout is to garrison in city and provide the 1 amenity (with card), so if the cost goes up this unique scout will not be as good as normal ones.

NegativeZero likes this.
  2. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

The studies these days :rolleyes:

I like it too, but I agree with that person who said that it will grate soon. As long as there is some variety to the chanting, and times where there is none, it should be great :)

3. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly Chieftain

4. Ivan Hunger

Ivan Hunger Chieftain

It's interesting that agendas tend to fall into one of five broad categories.

Peaceful
    These leaders tend to like it when you're more of a pacifist– even though they don't always practice what they preach.

Fredrick Barbarossa
    Gandhi
    John Curtin
    Poundmaker
    Teddy Roosevelt
    Tomyris

Warmongers
    These leaders only like warmongering menaces to the world.

Alexander
    Cyrus
    Gorgo

Elitist
    These leaders only respect you when you have a lot of something and become dismissive when you don't have a lot of whatever it is they like.

Amanitore
    Catherine de Medici
    Cleopatra
    Harold Hardrada
    Hojo Tikimune
    Jadwiga
    Jayavarman VII
    Peter
    Seondeok
    Trajan

Covetous
    These leaders like it when you don't have very much of something and become jealous when you do.

Genghis Khan
    Gitarja
    Montezuma
    Pedro II
    Pericles
    Qin Shi Huang
    Victoria

Self-centered
    These leaders want you to interact with them in a specific way and dislike you if you don't.

Chandragupta
    Gilgamesh
    Mvemba a Nzinga
    Philip II
    Saladin
    Wilhelmina

5. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Chieftain

Except for the first ones, everybody else is in need of a either a therapist or a spiritual leader. :D

Kimiimaro and WillowBrook like this.
  6. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Chieftain

Gandhi shall also be in the Elitist category, since he likes you to have a lot of nuclear weapons and use them:crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye:

7. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

...I had no idea that the Hudson's Bay Company was still a thing. :eek: That's pretty cool. But unfortunate that they had to change his design because of a trademark. :p
    It can't be more annoying than certain versions of Brazil's and Kongo's bouncy obnoxious themes. :p

8. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

The Hudson's Bay Company at one point operated a retailer similar to Target called Zellers; Zellers under the Hudson's Bay Company purchased all of Kmart's Canadian operations. However, Zellers became defunct after the Hudson's Bay Company sold its leases to Target as part of the latter's Canadian expansion, which ultimately failed.

Interestingly, the Hudson's Bay Company owns Lord and Taylor's and Sak's Fifth Avenue.

The Hudson's Bay Company is among the few major department store companies in North America to survive the Retail Apocalypse for now (and is actually very healthy financially). Yes, the Hudson's Bay Company is among the longest running companies in North America, established in 1670.

9. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

Slightly off-topic (but also sort of on topic), but the ready availability of Hudson Bay broadcloth led to the decline of the Chilkat blanket in the PNW but also led to the creation of the button blanket.

God of Kings likes this.
  10. NegativeZero

NegativeZero Chieftain

The production/cost the Okihtcitaw is the crux of the matter as it was not shown. If the cost is higher then a regular scout, it will become a niche UU.

However, I remain hopeful that the cost will stay the same or be lower then standard scouts. The Okihtcitaw's bonuses don't scream Eagle Warrior or War Cart levels of power.

That 0 maint. cost is hard to beat for the extra amenity. It will be interesting when loyalty comes about as a policy card will grant +2 loyalty to cities with a garrisoned unit as well.

Noble Zarkon and Zaarin like this.
  11. bbbt

bbbt Warlord

The Okichtcitaw has the strength of a warrior but the movement and abilities of a scout.

The pathfinder in Civ 5 had the strength of a warrior but the movement and abilities of a scout. They made it slightly more expensive to build than the warrior, nearly twice the price of the civ 5 scout. So I'm not optimistic.

Of course the pathfinder was stronger comparatively than the Okihtcitaw - that ability to choose from the goody hut for one, and the fact that it could upgrade to comp bowman from one of those goody huts for two! But I'd still suspect they'll end up making it more expensive.

NegativeZero and Zaarin like this.
  12. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

If there's little variation it will take the cake sadly. But they know what they're doing. I'm sure it'll be fine :D

13. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

Matter of taste, I suppose. Every version of Kongo's theme except Medieval makes me want to tear my ears off. :p Then again, I rather like chanting.

nzcamel likes this.
  14. Ivan Hunger

Ivan Hunger Chieftain

That's technically his hidden agenda (even though he has it every time, so it's not very well hidden). Of course, the hidden agendas mostly fit into the same categories.

Peaceful
    City-State Protector
    Civilized

Warmonger

Barbarian Ally
    Darwinist

Elitist

Airpower
    Cultured
    Devout
    Disciplined
    Environmentalist
    Exploitative
    Fun-Loving
    Heavy Industry
    Money Grubber
    Nuke Happy
    Populous
    Standing Army
    Technophile

Covetous

City-state Ally
    Explorer
    Great Person Advocate
    Naturalist
    Paranoid
    Wonder Obsessed

Self-centered

Ideologue

Noble Zarkon and nzcamel like this.
  15. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

I think you have these two backwards: Civilized wants you to destroy nearby barbarians (though I'm not sure what it's metric is...I regularly get denounced by Civilized leaders for not clearing out barbarians, even when there's not a single barbarian left on my entire landmass--I'm positive this agenda is broken). I had no idea there was a "barbarian ally" agenda... :crazyeye:

nzcamel likes this.
  16. Ivan Hunger

Ivan Hunger Chieftain

Is being friendly toward the only faction in the game who is always at war with everyone really a peaceful policy?

17. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Chieftain

They want you not to clear the barbarian camps or kill barbarians... I think leaders with such agenda cannot stand the test of time:crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye:

Kimiimaro, nzcamel and Zaarin like this.
  18. earlc

earlc Chieftain

Love his fusion digs. Reminds me of something I'd want my character to wear in Fallout: New Vegas.

Am I the only one not super thrilled with the neck and head? The neck's awkward, especially how it interacts with the collar, and this is like the first mug they made more generic rather than caricatured. Looks like a hunk from some angles, awkward from others. They could afford to move his eyes a little closer and his head shaped a little more like the real poundmaker. I think it needs a little tweaking.

His hair's awesome, though.

Edit: I appreciate the look they're going for, though. And a new civ from this area was #1 on my wish list since the beginning.

19. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I also love his outfit. It's similar to what I was hoping for with Tecumseh. I was only hoping the Native American leader would be holding a decorated musket. But obviously, peaceable Poundmaker would be holding a pipe, not a gun.

Many of the models in First Looks received fine tuning. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some touch ups. Did you notice his teeth are skin tone?

CivLuvah and Zaarin like this.
  20. bite

bite Moderator Moderator

Some info on how they recorded the music here