1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Cree First Look

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Jan 2, 2018.

1. KayAU

KayAU Chieftain

Wow, really? That seems a bit silly to me, that they wouldn't be able to show him as he is usually depicted. It's not as if Firaxis are in the business of selling blankets.

God of Kings likes this.
  2. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

"I'm selling these fine leather jackets..." :D

Siptah, Kimiimaro, Guandao and 2 others like this.
  3. bite

bite Moderator Moderator

including the fact that some of the musicians are decedents of Poundmaker

4. pgm123

pgm123 Chieftain

Hopefully we'll get some clarification on the Trade Routes bonus. The text does not say "foreign city." My guess is that there was a change at some point, either after the narration was recorded or after the video (I don't know what comes first). It'll definitely change my strategy if I can get the boost for internal cities.

5. Ivan Hunger

Ivan Hunger Chieftain

We learned from recent experience that the footage for the first look videos is recorded earlier in development than the narration. In the Netherlands video, the footage refers to the loyalty mechanic by the name it had earlier in development, "identity".

So I would err on the side of trusting the narration. Which makes more sense anyway. This civ is designed for making friends and playing nice with others, not isolating yourself with a bunch of internal trade routes.

6. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

*quietly claims this as a colonialist legacy*

Zaarin, Kimiimaro, Meluhhan and 5 others like this.
  7. Guatenadian

Guatenadian Chieftain

Has anyone spotted the symbol for the Cree?

8. bite

bite Moderator Moderator

I believe it was a stylized eagle head

9. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly Chieftain

10. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly Chieftain

That used to be a good strategy in Civ V. But slingers make much better garrisons in Civ VI IMO.
    Many of the early game UUs also can be good garrisons like Egypt's Chariot Archer or Scythia's Horse Archer.

Scouts are good "fog busters". Keep barbs at bay. These promoted scouts should easily be able to chase down any barb scouts on most terrain.
    In fact I'm really looking forward to playing The Cree on my map Scrambled North Americahttps://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=931053823
    Cos one of the first scout promotions give bonus movement in forest & rainforest. I'm looking to turn history on its head and go for Domination :D

nzcamel likes this.
  11. Arianrhod

Arianrhod Chieftain

Leaks aside, I think I like just about everything about this. Nice to finally see some new blood in the expansion, nice to see an American Indian civ finally get in, and their kit certainly looks fun to mess around with regardless of how strong it ultimately ends up being. Poundmaker also looks fantastic.

Most of the recent news has been increasingly nice to hear, but this is the first announcement to make me genuinely hyped.

12. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

It's cool that Firaxis came to the party over what the Poundmaker singers wanted in return :)

13. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

I must be the only one who hardly notices the music in this game. Though I do tend to keep the slider at 50%. And occasionally I run itunes in the background and turn music off (only when I'm drinking and playing civ). Having the music slider higher tends to get obnoxious no matter what music is playing at the moment. I do notice the music on occasion, but it quickly drifts to the background as I'm concentrating on other things. The Australian twangy thing stands out the most.

In fact, when there was discussion of Mongol music from Civ5 I had to listen to the youtube videos, as I couldn't remember. I do remember hearing them when hearing the videos, it's almost a subconscious thing.

14. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Chieftain

I don't understand what you mean. You cannot build slingers after researching archery, so that makes no sense.

Noble Zarkon and nzcamel like this.
  15. Ricard.Bossle

Ricard.Bossle Chieftain

Mystery female leader?
    Tamar of Georgia!

16. ONDOLINDE

ONDOLINDE Chieftain

@bite, thank you sincerely for sharing this. Aside from the amazing music that it seems we will get after hearing a bit of it in the FL yesterday, it is great to see a group of individuals who respect and carry on such a tradition, and that they were not as interested in money as in remembering what they accomplished and the love and seriousness with which it was made. Wonderful! We certainly need more of that attitude in this world.

17. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

ONDOLINDE likes this.
  18. ONDOLINDE

ONDOLINDE Chieftain

That is a great short read. Thanks.

Should we assume that our lack of knowledge of her is due to her being a woman? By those accounts she must have been something special, fierce and with leadership and determination in her bones.

19. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

from what little i've read it seems like a combination of that and her successors wanting to downplay her heritage.

Guandao and ONDOLINDE like this.
  20. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

bite and Guandao like this.