[R&F] Cree First Look

My only concern with Poundmaker as an AI competitor is that his land grab ability could really hamper one's own city expansion. Remember, he gets a free trader at POTTERY, so he could grab tiles close to your fledgling capital before you have monument or another settler online.

It reminds of the Shoshone in Civ5: great to play, awful to be neighbors with.
But the land claim is limited to three tiles from one of the Cree city centers, so he can't get too close unless you're already quite close.

It reminds of the Shoshone in Civ5: great to play, awful to be neighbors with.

My first though too.
The Cree are interesting. The Shoshone free bonus selection is missing, because of this the scout is a weaker support.

They are adding so much good unique tile improvements, it will be a shame if they don't buff some of the vanilla Civs improvements. Most of them could use a buff.

If you guys pay attention, it seems like the unique scout can also move right after getting its promotion.
No, I think there's a cut in the video, the barbarian the scouts attacks is not there before the scout picks the promotion, so pretty sure there's a turn pause between the promotion is picked and the unit moves, but this is edited out by the crossfade of the video.

And it looks like they found Cree-language city names - for the two we could see at least. Better than Calgary or Winnipeg in my opinion :).

That also means that since the Canadian city names are not used, there is still the possibility of a Canada civ in a future DLC.

I'm glad that we finally have Native American Civ. It is a large gap, and I'm glad it is getting filled. Now we need Inca Empire to get a South America.

Poundmaker's depiction looks interesting, but I'm afraid that his LUA doesn't. Which, on the other hand, can't be said for UA of the Cree. I like the idea of your cities getting tiles just by sending trade routes. It's going to be fun to get some free tiles when I'll settle a new city and will send a trade route to bigger cities for some production.

I also like that UU and UI. And their palace.

About their music... Well... I'm afraid I'm not going to listen to it as much as Mongolian, Korean or Dutch themes :p

What? You got something against North Amerindian chants? :p I find the Dutch theme a little boring.

Geoff Knorr could've given the Cree theme a flute like the Shoshone themes, but honestly, I find the chanting more unique.

Guess that's the best thing Canadians will ever get :D

But wow that looks really fun getting free tiles from early traders as well as Pathfinders 2.0 (albeit perhaps a bit worse)

The only continent that doesn't have a wonder yet is Asia

Asia has 2 that I can think of at the moment. Mount Everest and that Bay in Vietnam introduced in the Fall patch (I can't think of the exact name).

I agree... Imagine if they manage to get his AI to forward settle a lot (even if with R&F that's going to have its own challenges)? then make trade routes ? could be VERY annoying

Again I don' think it will be that bad. Russia gains 8 tiles automatically with each city founding. The Cree get at most 2 tiles from sending a Trader. I suppose there could be odd situations where they can send a Trader through multiple cities and gain tiles on multiple sides, but it would still be really hard to compete with Russia's 8 tile explosion.

Asia has 2 that I can think of at the moment. Mount Everest and that Bay in Vietnam introduced in the Fall patch (I can't think of the exact name).

Ha Long Bay

and i'm discussing this expansion. Asia doesn't have a revealed natural wonder in this expansion yet.

Top Bottom