[R&F] Cree First Look

the UU is the clear low point of the Cree. It looks really underwhelming.

Obviously, no one has played this yet; but I wonder how many would agree with you.
Personally, I feel as if this is the most powerful (strong, synergistic) civ we know about yet. I can promise you that I will play them first. Free trader, trader culture bombs? Stronger stating unit? Yes please!

This could be the first civ I play in R & F. But we still have several left to go, another one may impress me more.

Also his hair looks fantastic!

They changed the way the game works in R&F though, civilizations typically start further away from one another, and on top of that forward settling might now very well end with the city flipping.

Given how close the Dutch were to the Cree in the FL today, I am not convinced the civ spacing problem is entirely resolved. Maps are only so big, so some civs will naturally be closer to one another, regardless of the new civ placement coding. It is the luck of the roll!!

Reading the new one at this moment (oathbringer)... so good ;-)

I finished it literally before it was released (we got it early)... Best book I've ever read.

/offtopic

There's a LOT to love and unpack here.

The unique ability is very creative, the leader unique ability's very useful if you want more gold, and the unique unit's very powerful against early barbs. I just love the music. I can't wait to hear the Atomic Theme *indigenous futurism ftw*

I'd say they depicted the Cree and Poundmaker well, more so than how they depicted the Shoshone in Civ5.

Does anybody know the origin of his capital? The online Cree dictionary doesn't even have the name. I assumed it might be Cree for Cut Knife, but I'm not sure anymore?

What? You got something against North Amerindian chants? :p I find the Dutch theme a little boring.

Geoff Knorr could've given the Cree theme a flute like the Shoshone themes, but honestly, I find the chanting more unique.
No, I'm just not very interested in Native Americans, and I'm not used to their music. But look, I though that Korean medieval theme from the FL was mediocre, and I eventually changed opinion when I heard the full version on YouTube. And I also thought that Rome is weak before trying to play it myself.

You say a little boring, I say calming, and, well... Industrial :p

Does anybody know the origin of his capital? The online Cree dictionary doesn't even have the name. I assumed it might be Cree for Cut Knife, but I'm not sure anymore?

From some googling it looks like it is Red Pheasant Reserve, SK

Unless you can get the +20 promotion.

Even without, I expect I'll have fun with them.

That, and if the cost is same as a scout, they will be a cheaper version of the warrior with extra movement. They might make building your early army a faster chore.

I'm probably going to start as France, haven't done them, and I think France suits more for a lower difficulty playtrough (because they're a wonder builder). Considering Egypt and Netherlands too for a first playtrough, but I think I want to try Netherlands at a higher difficulty. (Immortal at least).

And so far, i like all civs that are being included. Civ design could maybe be a bit better sometimes, but Korea, Netherlands, Mongols, a new Indian leader and the Cree (the native American civ) are all worthful additions.

I hope that the Cree scout could be upgraded to Ranger.
I don't see why it wouldn't. That would be a long wait for it to finally upgrade to a Special Ops. However, I think this will be the longest you would have a UU anyway.

Free promotion, 3 MP strength 20 units make for a strong early attacking force due to speed/mobility.. shame they do not ignore ZOC in woods. Just a question of price although scouts do count as melee for Agoge. 2 promos will get them to +20 in all circumstances... wow ... Air defense? Flying tomahawks?

The strong other value is +1 gold per camp and pasture in the source city. This means +5 gold for each trade route from it. The Cree can early buy UU's perhaps. Gold from UB as well.

Food is meh.

A bit confused about the dual visibility in alliances. My understanding is that that is in place now so will it change with new alliances?

Top Bottom