Crime Cap

Rmi

Warlord
Is it technically possible to implement a maximum cap on crime# in cities, e.g.
at 1000 and -1000?

Yes, but if crime is checked every turn for the shake of the cap it'll probably make procesing turns much harder and slower. On biggest maps and late eras procesing turns are already considerable long.

Oh well. The AI seems to be doing quite alright now anyway =)

Is it not already checked every turn for the sake of the crime auto buildings?
Yes. But it's only checked on the cities plots for buildings.
If actived every tile is checked we are going to use a lot of processing. Now tiles only have to check the distribution between them of properties but also checking cap could be a tricky thing and nowdays imposible as TB said.
However as I see the things the point of caping properties is to make them use less time on procesing distribution between tiles and at the same time keep them simple, right? If you use more processing power that are you saving it's like nowdays cold fusion or many free power or perpetual motion scheemes, there's no logical point or sense on it.
I have to confess that I don't know how many things work on the code but I think I kinda have a point.

Also if in a near future you are considering adding an electricity property probably you guys should consider adding also some kind of logistical cap to make it more realistic and inmersing.

Crime is calculated every turn on every tile under the cities influence. From Main city tile to surrounding 8 tiles and then from 8 surrounding tiles back to city. It's part of the Crime Property called diffusion. Disease is also done the same way. Also any Unit that creates Crime is also added into the crime for that tile it is on which is another calculation before the final total for that turn.

Top Bottom