Crime (Looting)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by gunburned, Dec 10, 2015.

1. gunburned

gunburned Warlord

I don't know if this has been talked about in the forum anywhere but I believe that the penalty crime (looting) cost is too steepe. Currently its -70gold on V36. As soon as you unlock the tech you vitualy loose all your GDP. I've tried building all the crime reduction buildings but their simply aren't enough before you unlock masonry for gaurds.

Is this going to be changed in the patch?

2. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Oh it's been "cussed" on the forum! ;)

The Actual gold lost by letting crime hit level 250 in v36 is -50 gold. But there are other modifiers that may make it look like -70. I strongly suggest going into the city screen and using Ctrl-A to eliminate the Crime adding buildings that players build for the Gold they give, example Gambling Den and the like. Also make sure you've built all the defensive buildings that reduce crime. Even that -1 crime Abatis is worth it to keep crime under 250 level.

If you want to get the latest changes to Crime I would suggest getting the SVN versions that are updated almost daily. (See 1st post SVN thread for instructions). Looting has had changes to it like being moved back to the Tech Code of Laws, among other changes.

JosEPh :)

3. Harrier

Harrier Deity

Wrong thread. Sorry.

But:

Nice play on words. :D

4. gunburned

gunburned Warlord

Thanks for the help Joseph, but I've actually tried to anticipate it and feel Im doing everything I can.
    How does the AI handle Crime? better than the players I'd imagine.

5. arihant

arihant Warlord

:lol:
    no way!

6. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

No the Player can still do it better as is the case in most parts of the game.

Hopefully the AI is doing a bit better with some of the recent changes. More weight was given to the AI to build Anti-Crime bldgs and units. But everyone needs to understand that the changes take a period of turns to stabilize. It just does Not happen on next turn (like many players "think" it should). We are dealing with coding that seeks an equilibrium and has decay rates as well.

JosEPh

7. Samael

Samael Warlord

I am literally building every single anti-crime building I can and I run rapidly into debt whilst trying to tech to Masonry so that I can build the town watch. Is it possible that basic crimes could maybe knock down a % of income or something instead? Otherwise people are effectively stealing property that doesn't actually exist. The jump when Looting comes into play is so severe that I barely want to settle any cities on large maps.

8. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I believe Joe took some from static change and added it to modifier on that crime recently. Are you playing the latest SVN version or have you updated with his crime patch?

9. Samael

Samael Warlord

I'm just playing with the latest full C2C release, I think?

10. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Crime Patch (link) does what you asked for to some extent.

11. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

12. Samael

Samael Warlord

Ah, thank you! Is the Pests one also up to date out of curiosity and is there anything else I should look into?
    Also, minor and unrelated thing, but what map script would you recommend? I've tried a couple and I never know which one to settle on, haha.

13. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Pests is current for now. It will need some more attention later on.

As for maps, I use several but at the moment i play more Perfect Mongoose than any others. Although Archipelago, Islands, and Lakes are 3 others I like. I don't use very much the Earth Type maps. Nor do I care for pre-set Civs on those type maps. I'm not a History simulator buff.

JosEPh

14. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Perfect mongoose definitely, it has its flaws like not generating the snow terrain and it has a tendency of having the arctic and antarctic transition into full blown deserts/dunes/saltflats areas but other than that it creates the most interesting landforms (game-play) of them all with a good aesthetic value.

15. Samael

Samael Warlord

Thanks very much! I'll give it a shot!