Crippling Diplomacy Bug

Scotty Mack

Chieftain
Sorry in advance if this has been mentioned before (the forum search facility has been temporarily removed - had a quick check through the last few pages):

Bug:

When seeing how much money a diplomatic partner might accept in a diplomatic trade for something, if you find the amount he/she will accept first, so that the menu says 'Accept this offer' ?, you can then right click the amount shes offering and increase it to the maximum without losing the Accept this offer option. A quick way of completely wiping out other civilisations gold and furnishing your own.

Sorry if you're already aware of this problem. I saw a bug report about diplomacy somewhere else but it wasn't quite the same as this. Just thought I'd mention what I experienced.
Good luck

Scotty

It's been pointed out a few times, in various guises. It's the worst game-play bug I've seen reported yet, and I hope it gets fixed in the first patch.

Nice one thanks. We can but hope.
Such a wonderful experience playing the game, it's such a shame diplomacy is tainted at present.
Not many games can take me from mid-day to 6 am virtually non-stop for 2 days. Maybe this diplomacy bug is a good thing. Means I can get some sleep. For a bit.

Scotty

I can just imagine the beta testers having this bug, and just thinking that the other civilization REALLY wanted what they had to offer.
I encountered this like 3 times my FIRST game. I really wanna know how many games each tester played.

Also seen an instance of this (partial bump).

When settling for peace - you ask for all the enemies Civs gold. It's not going to work, but some message comes up that says only one Civ can offer something for peace. Clicking off that get's you to the same deal, where it now looks like he is offering the deal TO you. You click "Accpet this deal?" and he agrees. You went from him not wanting to sign and even peace for him giving you all his gold for peace. HUH?

This bug is by no means "crippling". If you just resist the temptation to take advantage of it, you can hit "Clear Table" and negotiate fairly (that's called a work around).

Annoying - yes. Game breaking - no.

Stuie said:
This bug is by no means "crippling". If you just resist the temptation to take advantage of it, you can hit "Clear Table" and negotiate fairly (that's called a work around).

It is very crippling and game-breaking for multiplayer games with AI involvement where some players will resist the temptation, some won't and others simply won't know about this.

Stuie said:

Stuie is right. You can work round it, and i've posted a thread on the general discussion board on how to do it. If you clear the table before each transaction, it is no longer crippling. Something I didn't know when I discovered it ofcourse. Although accepted I speak only about the singleplayer game. You try resisting the temptation in multiplayer !

Top Bottom