Crises of the New World Order

mordhiem

Quantum Physicist
"The Cold War is long over. The Gulf War is yesterday's news. Welcome to the end of the 20th century."

The New World Order conceived after the Cold War enivsaged "a new era full of promise based on international law, justice and peace." The United Nations, no longer constrained by an automatic Russian veto, could seriously undertake its peace-keeping role, and the West could turn against many brutal and dictatorial regimes, including those it had formerly supported.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is a cracker of a scenario and ripe for PBEM. Infact it's a bit of a problem doing well in SP without an intelligent ally to help take out the rouge nations. So, anyone up for a scenario that throws your traditional Civ2 concepts out of the window? I certainly am. :)

Oh and I bagsy E.U.

USA - Pavlov
EU - Mordhiem
Russia - JamesJKirk
China - Eivind
India - Ohwell
Allies - Not For Play
Neutrals - Not For Play

I'll be the Politburo..oops I mean President.(telegraphing my moves again.)

e-mail: kirk2063@aol.com

Leglaen, did you mean you wanted USA or Russia? I'm a bit confused.

Anyway, I'll take Russia or USA, depending on what Leglaen meant. :)

BTW, this scenario really needs a graphic remake.

Could I please join?

I would like to be the USA, if that is taken I'll be Russia and if that is taken too I'll be China.

One thing to say though: Be sure to use the different events files for your nation. Read the README for the scenario too! It is a must!

To get your national events files you must load the Crises DOS file and follow it's instructions! keep pressing any key until you see a list of nations and press the number of YOUR nation, always before you play!

I didn't realize the USA had been taken. If you need me, PM me. Im unsuscribing from this sub forum.

Originally posted by Ohwell
One thing to say though: Be sure to use the different events files for your nation. Read the README for the scenario too! It is a must!

To get your national events files you must load the Crises DOS file and follow it's instructions! keep pressing any key until you see a list of nations and press the number of YOUR nation, always before you play!

You can't use different event-files in a PBEM, so we'll have to use the MP-events.

Yes, use the MP events that come with it.

And as for a graphic make over, yeah I know it does need one. Infact, I'm trying to do one by myself a the moment. :)

President Pavlov, let the game commence!

Originally posted by mordhiem
Yes, use the MP events that come with it.

And as for a graphic make over, yeah I know it does need one. Infact, I'm trying to do one by myself a the moment. :)

President Pavlov, let the game commence!

We'll see who gets done first then:p

I did some graphic changes, looks a bit better now but not perfect. But now something slightly different:

US turn

*Nothing much happening since I couldn't move most of my units

*US president George M Pavlov declares his dedication to world peace but will not hesitate to use military might, should the need arise. He also suggests the governments of the world should cooperate to fight international terrorism and rogue states.

*US suffers inflation. President promises special action to help US economy.

Jaques Mordhiem elected in historic victory!

In a memorable election, Jaques Mordheim last night became the first President of the newly conceived European Union. Vicory was assured last night once the seats of England South-East and Barcelona were announced as won around midnight. Mordhiem was quick to cofirm what the electorate had voted for in such massive numbers in his post-election speech later that night.

"At the present time there are many nations around the world threatening the balance. These nations feel they are beyond our reach, beyond the law. Well, I can tell those so-called nations that the western world has long arms! As I speak the orders for strikes at the Gaza Strip, Yemen, Haiti and Serbia are being processed. These pillars of tyranny will stand no longer!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'War On Terror' Update

*Sanaa attacked via FFG Frigate. One Yemenese Militia destroyed paving way for US invasion later in the year.

*Port-Au-Prince bombarded by FFG Frigate. One Insurgent removed.

*Beruit emptied by consecutive F-16 strikes. Paratroopers preparing in Athens for drop next turn.

*Heavy dogfighting over Belgrade. One Mig-29 and one Mig-21 squadron destroyed, but at the expense of 4 EUAF squadrons. Would greatly appreciate US support to assist in removal of Serbian Militia.

Domestic News

*EU seeks world-wide nuclear disarmerment and preperations for standing down of european stockholds have already begun. We will view any nation procceding with Nuclear Proliferation as a direct threat to the European Union and actions to neutralise that threat will be taken accordingly.

*Trade is the order of the day as the EU seeks to reinforce it's position as the biggest economy on the planet. Plans for a single currency to further cement the new European state are being drawn up in London.

International News

*President Mordhiem present an open hand to the USA, Russia, China and India, seeking to build a brighter tomorrow with thier assitance. President Mordhiem believes that trade of technology and goods will bring us in great stead to achive these goals. However, President Morhiem insists that no country, no matter how large or powerful they think they are, would do well not to tread on EU interests.

Pavlov wrote: I did some graphic changes, looks a bit better now but not perfect. But now something slightly different

Why won't you share it with us?:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Eivind IV

Why won't you share it with us?:rolleyes:

Didn't think that anyone wanted to see it.:p This is only step one, I'm planning on doing some more stuff. First, I give you Icons. I removed that horrible yellow and put back the old pollution icon.

Edit: Icons version 2.0. Just some small changes, can't even remember what i changed.

Attachments

• icons.gif
    icons.gif
    59.7 KB · Views: 270
Second, terrain1. Changed the urban terrain to Nemo's urban graphic. It doesn't quite show underneath RR but whatever.

Edit: terrain1 version 2.0 ;) Looks much calmer and easy on the eye, IMO.

Attachments

• terrain1.gif
    terrain1.gif
    42.3 KB · Views: 272
Third, terrain2. Changed back to the original forests, looks much better, IMHO.

Edit: Crap, forgot to attach.

Top Bottom