1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cristo Redentor gives +50% worker speed

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Bug Reports' started by DaveMcW, Aug 23, 2007.

1. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Steps to reproduce:

1. Build Cristo Redentor
    2. At the start of your turn, switch to Serfdom civic.
    3. Move all your workers and enjoy the +50% bonus.
    4. Switch to a different civic for better production.
    5. End turn, go to step 2

There needs to be a limit of one civic change per turn.

2. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

are you sure the workers actually Get the +50% bonus...I thought their actions took place in between turns

If not then that's definitely strange (although I wouldn't limit it to 1/turn, CR is great for temporary Slavery, Nationalism, US to rush something and then switch back)

3. kazapp

kazapp Emperor

This is known already.

Build CR and enjoy complete freedom to switch civics not only for the reason you describe, but also before diplomacy (changing to each civ's favourite for maximum yield) and then ending the turn for maximum production.

4. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

Although the problem with it is that the Serfdom is a micromanagy thing

Perhaps CR should automatically grant a +50% bonus to Workers (but eliminate the Serfdom Bonus) so that it gets the benefits of the civic without having to first change the tech and then change back.

Since the list of Civics with In turn benefits is

US (Rush)
    Slavery (Whip)
    Nationalism (Draft)
    Police State/Organized Religion/Bureaucracy (If you are Whipping something their bonus applies to)
    Theocracy (If you are Drafting a unit..Vassalage can't apply)
    Serfdom (each turn)

Serfdom is the only one that is probably going to be often used and illustrates a very micromanagy way to deal with it. So that can definitely be improved.

5. Kloreep

Kloreep Chieftain

Or, just force a 1 turn wait in between changing civics with CR... that way you could only have 2 different sets of civics during a turn.

6. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

7. stagnate

stagnate Warlord

I think all of the others are also micromanagy, just less so. CR means 'free' slavery, nationhood (think being able to draft every turn with Globe city with no negative effect, free bonus to all diplo transactions, etc.

It's pretty broken as it currently stands IMO, although not game breaking. It may be that this was a specific design decision (since it's fairly late in the game, so the impact of each is not _that_ significant).

Making it one change per turn is reasonable; still better than spiritual, but limits the micromanagy aspects of it (do you really want to run serfdom for a turn? Slavery? Nationhood?). An alternative, or a way to implement it, is to make the change not happen until the start of the next turn.

The annoying thing is that they keep running into the same problem, trying to do nationwide effects at different times in the turn. Think of the moving from gold to hammers bug in civ3, which again was because they calculated the national gold at one point, but the hammers locally at a different point. This problem is because they change the national religion or civics during the turn, rather than after...

8. Monkeyfinger

Monkeyfinger Deity

HAHAHAHAHA I GET IT THIS TOPIC IS CLEVER

YOU DON'T LIKE THE CRISTO REDENTOR'S BALANCE SO YOU POST YOUR GRIPE WITH IT ON THE BUG REPORTS FORUMS

AS IN, YOU'RE IMPLYING THAT IT'S SO BROKEN IT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED A BUG

LOL

NO REALLY, I'M IN STITCHES, MY SIDES ARE ABOUT TO BURST

(also, by the time you have Radio your workers should be about done doing stuff, maybe they have a few more railroads to lay.)

9. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

One turn Whip-Draft-Rush is not micromanagy because you already have to micromanage to whip-draft-rush

and you do have workers doing things after Radio... if there is war you might have new damaged territory (or some of yours might become newly damaged) you might want to reorient a city's type by canging the improvements. Workers still have a function.

10. microbe

microbe Cascaded Mansion

My favorite is to convert to Universal Suffrage, rush and then convert back to Representatives. Great for setting up towns created at late stage (like in archipelago maps).

11. Fronx

Fronx Warlord

Just an example;

When you start a custom game, you can choose the age you start from. If you start in the last age, you really have stuff to do with your workers around the age of Radio.