Critical fix.. No more freezes, runtimes...

wilson6907

Chieftain
It is rather simple really.. all you have to do is create a administrator user name and password in control panel. Copy the mod into the program files\firaxis games\ect... run as administrator. I played successfully the longest I've ever been able to play.

Or, you can maintain the security provided by UAC and just install the mod in the C:\Users\<Name>\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS directory like you're supposed to. It works flawlessly.

That didn't matter for me, dude like nothing worked for the longest time. It sucked :sad: I think all my method is, is that It uses a fresh desktop, cleaned cache ect..
Or, you can maintain the security provided by UAC and just install the mod in the C:\Users\<Name>\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS directory like you're supposed to. It works flawlessly.

wilson,

For any OS besides win 7 and Vista you are very correct. To be More clear, it is the Correct path and admin rights for any Win XP OS versions whether 32bit or 64bit.

Both Zappara and Aforress in their FAQ's addressed this issue.

Kwami,
What you have stated is true too. But many Vista and Win 7 users are Not familiar nor concerned about the extra security provided by the UAC. Neither do they have the info to tell them how to install to the path you provided. In fact more Vista and 7 user's have come asking, "How Do I Load this Mod?", than XP users. The UAC security features become a hinderance instead of a help. And that's one of many reasons why there are still XP users today.

I happy that you have it running wilson. :)

JosEPh

Top Bottom