Cross-Platform Cloud Saves (Steam and Nintendo Switch)

Wilde

Warlord
Supporter
New with the patch is saving between the Switch and vanilla Civ VI. I would hope this leads to the expansions coming to the Switch. Maybe I will populate Hall of Fame after all for standard rules.

This is good news.
This might help finding bugs too.

Best news!!!! Never saw this one coming. Going to have to buy a third copy of the game now! (steam, my son's switch copy and now need a switch copy for me too )

While a neat idea in theory, I don't see how this will work. Chances are that Civ owners who have it on both PC and the Switch will have the expansions for the PC. So how will cross-play from two incompatible builds work?

well it's vanilla games only for now. And I'm sure they'll release expansions eventually

But what civ fan who owns the PC version and Switch version is going to still be playing vanilla? I can't imagine the numbers are very high. This is just a bizarre move.

yeah I'm in exactly that position, but I'm hoping this is a hint that expansions are about to be released for switch.......

But what civ fan who owns the PC version and Switch version is going to still be playing vanilla?
Me. :)

I do play vanilla on the Switch often and I am hoping the Switch Pro rumors come true as I would like a 2nd setup. Weekends is when I play GS on PC but the Hall of Fame will be fun to update for the standard rules. TBH, I am hoping this also leads to Switch & PC multiplayer. If that happens I will be in heaven. To me, the cross-platform cloud save opens up so much potential beyond the expansions on the Switch.

Top Bottom