1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Crowd

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by Luthor_Saxburg, Feb 29, 2016.

1. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

I am glad that we didn't get 4 x Oxford + 4 x Wall St. There are some interesting selections in there.

2. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

Curious, 3 Industrious leaders.

3. Luthor_Saxburg

Luthor_Saxburg Vassal of Civilization

No takers? One of you will have to play with Ghandi... I guess that it can be worse... but taking into account that the majority of the players here are warmongers...

4. Imp. Knoedel

I don't see how that's a problem, a solid economy is the foundation of every decent army. Industrious means lots of failgold which means lots of research and Spiritual is good for every situation due to its flexibility. Plus I already have a UB that boosts archers and a resourceless UU that's the scourge of every melee unit, I really don't need any militaristic traits on top of that.

5. Luthor_Saxburg

Well, it sure isn't a problem for me. :D I will move on with the preparation of the game.

6. ruff_hi

Do you have a turn order? The gmail account needs that. Also ... still waiting from Herc to acknowledge the forwarding ability. The gmail tracking needs to have the ability to forward emails.

The way it works ... everyone one emails the turn to the same email 'pbem.crowd@gmail.com' and the inbox works out the next player and forwards the email to them. There is also a web site that publishes where the game is at and provides a d/l button.

7. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

now acknowledged

8. Luthor_Saxburg

The turn order is in post #1:
    I propose the following:
    1) I send the email with the file to Sinimusta
    2) Sinimusta plays and sends it to Ruff... again: Sinimusta sends email to Ruff! (*)
    3a) Ruff changes his leader name from 'Knoedel' to... 'Ruff'(?)
    3b) Ruff starts using his 'tracker' from then on

(*) As I am such a fan of Knoedel I've named two leaders as Knoedel... so please ignore that and change it as soon as possible

I've already created a Master password and password for all the Civs, which I've sent by email. If you want I can also reveal the Master Password to ALL. I hope to still be around here for quite a bit but one never knows.

9. ruff_hi

Thanks for the order ... I missed it in the first post. Your rename thingo sounds confusing ... you might be asked about that ... a few more times.

Don't bother with that. Just email the master password, name of pbem, players, etc to ainwood (admin). Then if we need to recover it, we can.

See this thread ... http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13912926

10. Luthor_Saxburg

I know but it is only complex for the 1st player: Sinimusta has to remember to send the file to Ruff.

Then u, Ruff, just have to change the name of your leader... et voila! Done. Simpler than it sounds!

11. ruff_hi

So ... the 1st turn is with Sinimusta? If so, he should email it to 'pbem.crowd@gmail.com' once he is done. I'll set up the forwarding and we can get this game rolling.

12. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Hey Ruff since the tracker has landed from its freefall most players will want to adapt to this new emailer.
    1. Can games already in progress use this
    2. I host several games I'd like to get started this weekend with it, I some instructions here, is there a step by step somewhere?

13. Luthor_Saxburg

Errr... probably not a good idea because of my silly naming mistake thingy :)blush:)...

... so my suggestion is as follows:

BTW, what can we call this 'tracker'? 'Ruff, the man, tracker'? :rolleyes:

14. ruff_hi

The gmail forwarding tracker approach can be used for games already in progress. Information can be found at the link quoted below.

I haven't set up tracking with this method before ... Crowd is my first go. I think I will be using gmail forwarding rules based on who sends the save ... not the leader name. Obviously, these forwarding rules will need to be changed if / when someone gets eliminated.

No. Please ... no. Just call it the Realms Beyond tracker / tracking method.

15. Luthor_Saxburg

IT HAS BEGAN!

STARTING ADVICES

* Raging Barbarians… ON. Do I need to say more?

* Be wary of wild animals. There are some scary beasts out there! You might be overconfident because you will have one or two overpowerfull units (for your era)… but be wary. You have been warned!

* Venture far into the Sea at your own peril... the known Pirates in this (small) world have impressive vessels!

File sent to Sinimusta via email. Good luck to all!

16. ruff_hi

gmail forwarding set up. We just need someone to play the first turn ... hint / hint.

17. sinimusta

sinimusta el capitano

GPS. Eager to play, huh? This is a really different scenario, need to think a bit what to do here. The options are plentiful and there is potential for some madness :crazyeye:.

18. ruff_hi

19. ruff_hi

First nag from the new tracker ...

This is a tracker for Crowd

It's year AD-0001
    Knoedel has the save.
    25 hours 25 minutes passed since the save has been handed on.

20. Imp. Knoedel

Yes yes I'll get to it tomorrow, but y'all just picked the worst possible time, what with me having my best friend over and reinstalling my OS.