1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cruel Oppression

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Jimmyballz, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Jimmyballz

Jimmyballz Executive

Spoiler :
    How many turns left until they get over it?

It shows the +1:mad: or +2:mad:, etc. due to cruel oppression, but is there a way that you can see how many turns remain per :mad:.

If it's anywhere from 1-10 turns until the city is :)(normal speed), with multiple cities, ... It would be very tedious to have to count the turns for each city.
    thanks for any help.
    jb

2. oranges

oranges Prince

Not sure about ways to see it in a vanilla BTS, but BUG shows the remaining turns together with the number of those mad people, among many other things.

3. MrCynical

MrCynical Deity

You can figure out this information if you mouseover the whip button again. For example, if you're on normal speed, and the city has 4 turns of unhappiness left from a previous whip, it would say +X unhappiness for 14 turns (i.e 10 for the next whip, plus the 4 left from the previous).

4. omnimutant

omnimutant Warlord

This is why I don't whip. Too many Negatives including random negatives that pretty much negate that fact that I whipped to begin with. Just Say No to Slavery :)

5. Jimmyballz

Jimmyballz Executive

Yes- that did it. I should have noticed:lol:. It just shows the total #of turns left, and the breakdown is easy to figure out.

1. +2:mad: due to cruel oppression
    2. 22 turns left: 2/10 left from 1st whip, 10 from 2nd whip, & 10 if selected... = 22!! tnx

Attached Files:

6. Jimmyballz

Jimmyballz Executive

I never liked it, and never liked doing it. But in the early game I find it to be such a strong military boost to take a civ out. Especially when not chopping w. math (which btw is my type of empire:king:)