cruise missle suggestion

Hawkster

sorcerer
Cruise missles in Civ 3 are not that useful - I use them occassionally but not that much - there have been many threads here about them.

I was thinking (always dangerous) that the real cruise missles were developed to be very accurate over long range - so why not in civ 3 (or 4 if ever....) they could be changed so that they target specific buildings in a city (you bombard and a popup appears asking what building you wish to target) with a percentage chance of destroying that building. So you could destroy a barracks / temple / aqueduct etc but leaving units undamaged.

Destroying say a hospital which allows a city to grow past 12 would automatically reduce a city to 12 population - or destoying a barracks would prevent vet units being produced.

This would make them far more useful (but I would expect them to cost more to produce) .

To balance the lack of unit killing abillity there could be additional missles in the game designed to target units - eg a ship to ship only missile carried by AEGIS cruisers or battleships.

I dont unstand by bombarment of any kind cnnnot kill units, kinda takes the usefulness out of bombardment to wear the enemy down because iof they are in cities there is no point!

You said it yourself, there are many threads on this topic, so let it rest.
But you're right, if any unit should have precision strike, it should be the cruise missile. It'd be a better choice for an American UU than the F-15 as well.

I found them not so useful as they are, fore a long time ago. With one-tile range ability, I can capture them easy from the AI before he can even use them. Also to expensive fore a one hit, then gone unit. So I modded them to reach 8 tiles, and not so expensive. Now it is more fun, and the AI will now use them before you can capture them, and it’s a lot more of them. They are also a big treat to my ships.

Top Bottom