Cruisers

HungryForFood

Prince
Now that Field Guns are in the mod, which I feel are sort of equivalent to Cruisers within their respective unit lines, it seems odd to me that Cruisers only have a range of 2 instead of 3 like the Field Gun. Would it be fair if Cruisers have 3 range as well? Of course, the free Indirect Fire should stay on the Battleship.

On that note, how does everyone feel about the position of the Battleship in the tech tree? I've always felt its a bit late. What would moving it back 1 tier do?

Field guns are siege weapons. Cruisers aren't. I don't think they should be changed just because of field guns, which is the only reason you gave.

Then cruisers will be too strong. Imho, this is a bad idea. Cruisers can level up much faster then any siege weapon, cause they have much more move speed, then they take doubleshot and...

Then cruisers will be too strong. Imho, this is a bad idea. Cruisers can level up much faster then any siege weapon, cause they have much more move speed, then they take doubleshot and...
+1
Many facts in real life can't be applied in Civ to keep the gameplay balanced

It's a reasonable reason. Same weapon on a different vehicle.
While its reasonable, its not enough to justify a change, which is what I meant.

I just don't think they should be changed. They work well where they are. Gameplay and balance wise there's no reason to change them.

Not related to range but I did just experience a Berber cavalry hitting my cruiser for 51 damage... Not sure if Berber are too strong or if cruisers are too fragile but something about a group of soldiers on horseback sinking half a fleet seems wacky to me

More like Field Guns allow to counter Cruiser spam at last. Before that you had to put siege units right on the coastal tiles to do any damage, and even then a bunch of ranged ships make a quick work of them.

Top Bottom