Crusader Kings 2

Currently in the Norse game; went from a little land in Brittany to a prepared invasion of Wessex, that eventually leaded to the Norse Kingdom of England. My current char got in his 20s, yet in his old age...

01B_1_1136DACD_6E80A_1_dat.jpg

I love empire making! :D

For detail: this is a quick notion from the Holy first char to my current.

Spoiler religion and charactures :

damn you hungarians! squashed my first try as the jews. Army totally reduced to zero while i have two religious rebels on my hand.

First ruler dying at 26 didnt help either

Tons of new information from the new def diary as well as the twitch stream. Lots of goodies for everyone.

Link : http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...II-Rajas-of-India-Dev-Diary-5-Free-Features-1
Spoiler :

Once more Tuesday is upon us and it is time to unleash some more facts about Rajas of India upon your unsuspecting minds. This time, I thought I'd go through some of the major features we're adding in the free part of the expansion, i.e. patch 2.1.

View attachment 103090

First up, I think you might be interested in the parts of the new map that are actually outside India; the regions of Afghanistan, Transoxiana and Siberia. Part of my reason for wanting to extend the map to the east was to get these areas into the game. If you consider the old edge of the map, you might have noticed that many counties are truncated, or in the wrong place. Places like Balkh and Samarkand were deemed important enough to be on the old map even though they are in reality located off the eastern edge. This is perhaps most obvious around the Urals, where we even have an "Omsk" province. With the new map, these provinces could finally be put in the right place. Of course, we still needed to add a lot of new counties as well, which meant we also needed some more cultures. Thus, we now have this situation:
  • The Cumans are intrinsically more powerful
  • There is a Kirghiz state to their east, with its own culture
  • There is Karluk (new culture) state south of Lake Balkhash
  • There is a Khanty (new culture) realm north of the Cumans
  • The whole region of Afghanistan, with new Afghan and Baluch cultures
  • More counties in Khorasan / Greater Persia
Tibet, the Tarim basin and the Altai mountains are visible on the map, but we decided not to add any provinces to those regions.

View attachment 103089

There are changes to the old parts of the map as well. We had to trim the western edge slightly to get the map dimensions right, and there are many changes to province borders and positions in the Middle East, the steppes and the far North East. We have even added some new counties, like Lori in Armenia. The most dramatic change is, however, in East Africa. We decided to take this opportunity to make East Africa more interesting, so we added Nubian culture and completely revised all the provinces south of Egypt and added about a dozen more. This allowed us to add the fascinating Jewish state of Semien (a.k.a. Beta Israel) to Abyssinia.

View attachment 103093

Right, that's enough about the map I think, I'll just let the screenies speak for themselves. A related thing we've done is to allow ports and ship movement in completely separate oceans; a feature that has been much requested. The AI now understands how to handle this, which was always the biggest hurdle. So you can now have a Buddhist merchant republic in the Maldives and build trade posts all the way to the Suez, etc.

As usual, we've also spent a lot of effort improving the base game. I'll cover a couple of the changes today, and the rest next Tuesday. Now, one of the most drastic improvements we have made is to faction revolts. No more will the revolters be mere allies in a war against their liege; they will now be temporary vassals of the faction leader in a proper civil war. In other words, you will be fighting these wars against a more unified and powerful enemy (or fight as them, of course.) Naturally, these rebel lieges will be very limited in their diplomacy and plotting until the war is over.

View attachment 103088

The AI has received another round of improvements, most notably in how it moves, raises and dismisses armies, but also when and why it revokes titles off vassals (it tended to create a lot of unnecessary internal strife while still failing to maintain reasonable internal de jure borders.)

One little thing that's always annoyed me is that you can't easily go to a dead character's killer, so we now show a red skull on characters who have a known killer. You can simply click the skull to go to the killer.

Lastly for today, we decided to add a new tab to the character view, called "Relations". The main reason was to add Rivals and Friends (a very underused concept in the game), but it also allows us to show Lovers, etc.

View attachment 103091

That's all for today! If you can't wait for the upcoming dev diaries, tune in to my livestream at 20:00 CET. :)

View attachment 103092

PS. Crusader Kings II; Rajas of India livestream info:
The Crusader Kings 2 team has been working hard the past months on our next expansion, Rajas of India.
As before with The Old Gods and Sons of Abraham we'll be doing a showcase to show you the grandiose sub-continent of India.

When?
Today, Tuesday, at 20:00CET

Where?
On our official channel on Twitch;
http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

I can't make that time :<
No worries, we'll be posting the presentation as well as the highlights onto our YouTube channel;
https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadoxExtra

Highlights from dev diary, and thread: (some taken from reddit)

• East Africa revamp way more impressive than I expected - Nubian culture confirmed, many new provinces
  • New Central Asian cultures, including the Kirgiz, karluk, khanty, afghan, and Baluch
  • Indian Ocean will be separate sea zone
  • Character with a known killer will have a red skull - if you selective it you can go to the killer
  • Lovers, friends, and rivals are now in a separate tab on the character screen - maybe we will see more stuff concerning that in the future?
  • Independence factions will split up upon winning the war, so the end result will be as before.
  • Seljuk and Timur are more involved now. They will actually exist as characters for ten years before they embark on their conquests. The Mongols are as before, but they arrive at the new edge.
  • Leaders of vassal revolts will gain a temporary title like adventurers until war is over.
  • If Seljuk and Timur happen to appear in your court, you will be able to interact with them (including giving them land).
  • Faction leaders of vassal revolts control your liege levy, but you can help with your own troops, just like vassals can in regular wars.

And a summary of the stuff from the stream, link to of reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/1zk6eo/rajas_of_india_twitchtv_livestream_summary/

Personal highlights:

• Ibadi it's own branch of Islam
  • Buddhism split into Mahayana and Theravada, though devs admit it's an oversimplification
  • Decadence now based on a decadent trait
  • Religion modifiers are now possible (great for mods like mine)
  • Hindus can pick a personal patron deity, as well as a house branch (for their dynasty, I guess?)

Religion modifiers are now possible (great for mods like mine)
Does that refer to the "all followers of x religion get +y% bonus to z troop?"

Does that refer to the "all followers of x religion get +y% bonus to z troop?"

Possibly, though we don't know what kind of existing modifiers they'd work like. We do know however that the Buddhist learning bonus is based on this religious modifier (+5 learning at the time of the stream, though Johan said it will likely be reduced).

Oh, for stats! That's even cooler.

I was talking about the troop bonus you get depending on religious authority. It isn't utilized by most mods I play though. Definitely not in EK and AGOT.

Trying as jews/khazars. Going ok, but byzantium, the safarids (who have taken all of armenia) and the abbassids are way too stable. Expanded a bit in the north, (but slavic and suomensko lands cost too many soldiers for that gain), expanded a fair bit into hungary untill i met catholics. I might try bulgaria when the byzantine empire is distracted.

Is the horse archer retinue good? Cause it certainly aint no cataphracts

The last time I played (it has been quite a while) horse archers where the best unit in the game. I'd MURDER all my sons to get my hands on a retinue for them.

The last time I played (it has been quite a while) horse archers where the best unit in the game. I'd MURDER all my sons to get my hands on a retinue for them.

Really hasn't changed. Once I played as a Tengri guy in PB before TOG came out and HA retinues were so damn wonderful.

If a cruel, kinslayer coward didnt plunge the byzantines into civil war, i dont know what will. Within 50y ive got the seljuks on my ass... I think i might switch to EU4 for the moment, untill RoI comes along. jews arent tht intereristing to play either. And so annoying when you do passover and half of them dont come for no reason

You cant handle the truth.

Truth is also that jews are far less interesting than pagans or even zoroasters. Might try it again when RoI comes out and i play as the semien kingdom

You cant handle the truth.

Truth is also that jews are far less interesting than pagans or even zoroasters. Might try it again when RoI comes out and i play as the semien kingdom

No I mean your dip and intrigue probably just suck.

A funny thing happened: I was trying to get a civ5BNW achievement, so I came to civfanatics for help because it wasn't activating. I was told that it is a known bug, and I can load a save game which is listed here to unlock all the achievements. Well that just totally killed civ for me, I have tried but I just have no more desire to play it after 1000 hours learning that any goober can load all the saves and get all the achievements. What is then the point of them?!

So I thought, lets try a little CK2 again. I've not played since the aztec invasion and unification of Rome DLC. Last time I played I managed to get literally conquer the map minus 10 provinces in asia, and destroy all religions but my Orthodox Christianity, so the appeal of the game had gone down a bit. (Not sure if something happens should you take the ENTIRE map, but I couldn't be bothered to wait for the fake casus belli to generate.)

Anyways, I just got the vikings DLC, and I LOVE IT! I have waited long to play the pagans, I think all the different pagan religions are nicely different, the idea of formalizing them is pretty cool and the game has a new layer of depth.

And to top it all off? Concubines.:drool::drool::drool::drool: millions of millions of concubines. All of them lustful.

I am very much looking forward to this India expansion thing, but do all these expansions have to cost so damned much? 15 Euros... pffffff That's half a game!

CK2, with dlc often goes -75%.

Dont see why you bring up achievements though. If they werent activating you probably used a mod

CK2, with dlc often goes -75%.

Dont see why you bring up achievements though. If they werent activating you probably used a mod

No, I don't play with mods, not even really basic ones. I tried for a while, but decided to go for the achievements so gave up on them (you can't get any achievements with any mods active). Many people confirmed for me the achievement had a known bug and can only be unlocked in some weird instance. But it wasn't the bugged achievement that ruined it for me, I could live with not having accomplished one or two achievements because of bugs. Its the readily available save games that any noob can use to get the achievements: that is what killed it for me.

Anyway, CK2 as got a layer of political intrigue missing in civ.

Well to be fair, a lot of achievements you can get by setting up the game specificly so it will fire. By playing on the lowest difficulty for a start. For example, play as netherlands on an archipelago duel map with spain, you'll get that achievement. Play as venice on a duel map and wait for a religion and capture the holy city...

And that isnt that different for CK2. There are a few guides on how to get the holy smoke achievement easily using byzantium, or by playing on the lowest difficulty and cnquering england as denmark or norway...

No, I don't play with mods, not even really basic ones. I tried for a while, but decided to go for the achievements so gave up on them (you can't get any achievements with any mods active). Many people confirmed for me the achievement had a known bug and can only be unlocked in some weird instance. But it wasn't the bugged achievement that ruined it for me, I could live with not having accomplished one or two achievements because of bugs. Its the readily available save games that any noob can use to get the achievements: that is what killed it for me.

Anyway, CK2 as got a layer of political intrigue missing in civ.

... why would you choose cheevos over mods? They aren't even worth imaginary epeen points like they are on consoles because there's no steam point system.

Top Bottom