CS creating trade routes?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by limluigi, Jul 29, 2013.

1. limluigi

limluigi Chieftain

So I've been thinking, what if City-states created international trade routes? Maybe just 1 or 2 for each CS. They would create the ITR with the largest income/safest route? The only problems I could see with this is that CS wouldn't be able to protect their ITRs unless they move their units beyond their borders and that there is already too much gold late game, but I guess it would give a little gold early game (+1 gold for the receiving civ). It would also make markets and caravansaries a little higher on building priorities because, frankly, I prefer food/production TR or basically intra-city connections. It would also give a buff to mediocre ITR-based civs like Portugal and Morocco.

Any thoughts on this? :)
    If a city-state could already create ITR then I'm sorry but I didn't know/noticed it.

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I would like this. It would help the civs with isolated starts a little more.

3. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Would be nice if instead of them building it autonomously, like gifting a unit and improving resource, you could pay them a bit money for them to invest into a trade route which would be sent to the capital or the closet possible city.