CS luxury resource quest - exploit

CppMaster

Deity
I'm currently playing Germany with completed Progress and Statecraft, trying to win diplomatically. I have about 40 happiness in my empire.

Does happiness above 10 contribute only to faster golden ages? I think so anyway.

I have accidentally traded away my only copy of furs to Persia. After some turns, few of my cities wanted furs for WLTKD and few CS made request for that too. So, after end of the deal, I will have WLTKD and rewards for completing CS quests, improved by Statecraft. I can speed up this process simply by declaring war on Persia. Even without declaring a war, just for the sake of this, I can just trade away my other luxuries, one every 10 turns to do the same.

I guess it is a huge exploit?
@Gazebo Is it possible for own cities and CS to not demand local luxuries?

You do get golden age points for all happiness no matter how high.

It is kind of exploitive to declare war to abuse a trade, but war has its own consequences so I think its fine. Its hard to repeat that WLTKD cycle too many times.

You do get golden age points for all happiness no matter how high.
Yeah, but is it only direct merit of +10 happiness?
It is kind of exploitive to declare war to abuse a trade, but war has its own consequences so I think its fine. Its hard to repeat that WLTKD cycle too many times.
Is it hard with multiple resources to trade away?
How many turns after end of WLTKD a city will request for another luxury?
How often a CS will give another quest after completing one?

Yeah, but is it only direct merit of +10 happiness?
You get +1% to food, science, gold and culture for each point of happiness, but it caps at +10. Your 11th happiness give 1 golden age point, and nothing else. Its not a bad idea to have a little more than 10 happiness anyways, just because happiness can drop quickly without expectation.

How many turns after end of WLTKD a city will request for another luxury?
The turn it ends. But the odds you roll the exact resource you traded away is pretty small.

How often a CS will give another quest after completing one?
I have no clue, there is no common rule and they don't always request resources. CS quests are fun because they are so random. Your resource trading worked out really well this one time, it probably won't happen again for a long time though.

Trading away your last copy of a Luxury that you own within your own Territory may well give you easy WLTKD and CS quests for it. Do recommend if you're awash in Happiness.

Something that I've found efficient is to trade away my last copy of a lux to other civs for their copy of a desired luxury, even if I pay a little extra. In this way you'll retain the same happiness but trigger both WLTKD and CS quests where applicable. As a bonus some cities might develop a desire for that last lux copy while it's in transit, triggering WLTKD when the trade runs out.

Something that I've found efficient is to trade away my last copy of a lux to other civs for their copy of a desired luxury, even if I pay a little extra. In this way you'll retain the same happiness but trigger both WLTKD and CS quests where applicable. As a bonus some cities might develop a desire for that last lux copy while it's in transit, triggering WLTKD when the trade runs out.

2 Wood for 2 Sheep? Absurd!

Top Bottom