CSD not appearing in Mod list

Magean

Prince
Hi,

I've a brand new computer and I'm eager to test huge maps with lots of civs (my previous 10-years old CPU struggled to handle larger than "normal" maps and had awfully long turn-waiting times).

Anyway. I've just installed VP on my fresh Civ V install. In the mod menu, I can't find " (3) CSD for CBP ". Plus, " (6a) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (EUI) " is missing dependencies and can't be toggled on. I've never had this problem before. The other components are displayed and can be turned on.

It looks like a really dumb bug, but I've no idea where it comes from... Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance!

I had the same issue with my new pc few days ago, i just did delete eveything and redownload the mod and it did work

I see the same behavior on my laptop. Here is my work-around as suggested by Gazebo some time ago.

Go to MODS folder in My Games, verify that (3) CSD for CBP is present. Remove / Cut the folder to a new and temporary location (I use the desktop). Start CIV (I usually change out of fullscreen mode so I can see the desktop while CIV is running), go to MODS in the CIV menu. (3) CSD for CBP will not be listed. Move / paste the CSD folder back into the MODS folder. It will now become visible in the CIV MODS menu and you can select it. (6a) CBO - Compatibility Files (EUI) should also be selectable.

Hope this works for you.

I see the same behavior on my laptop. Here is my work-around as suggested by Gazebo some time ago.

Go to MODS folder in My Games, verify that (3) CSD for CBP is present. Remove / Cut the folder to a new and temporary location (I use the desktop). Start CIV (I usually change out of fullscreen mode so I can see the desktop while CIV is running), go to MODS in the CIV menu. (3) CSD for CBP will not be listed. Move / paste the CSD folder back into the MODS folder. It will now become visible in the CIV MODS menu and you can select it. (6a) CBO - Compatibility Files (EUI) should also be selectable.

Hope this works for you.

Thanks! I did as you said and it worked. Plus, after quitting and relaunching, I see it's still working; I didn't have to do this folder shuffle twice.

However, when I tried (before that) to uninstall and reinstall the mod, the problem was still there.

I must go through this procedure with (3) CSD for CBP folder every time I update VP using the installer. But only once. After shuffling the folder out and back into the MODS folder it works fine.

vyyt: What mod on Steam are you referring to? VP is not subscribable on Steam.

And you are not subscribed to the mod on Steam, guys? I wonder what could be possibly causing it.

No I'm not. Actually, my mod list is still unchanged. By the way, I also played the mod on the Windows partition of a Mac laptop and it worked fine.

vyyt: What mod on Steam are you referring to? VP is not subscribable on Steam.

CSD is on Steam and so is CP (not the whole VP package). I also recall that having WHoward's DLL in the mods folder was causing problems for some people in the past as it was sharing the mod ID with CP or its components (it is incorporated).

Top Bottom