CTD at end turn

hecklcc07

Chieftain
Hey im new to the forum and all, but I have been playing Civ4 for a while now. I just got FF2, and it has been playing great, but in my most recent game when I click on end game it always crashes to the desktop and i cant get past it. I will attach my saved game and see if anyone knows whats going on. I dont know if there is an error file that gets saved anywhere or what, im not sure.

Hope you can help. Thank you!

Attachments

• Brell Seris AD-0372.CivBeyondSwordSave
    431.1 KB · Views: 46
Sorry, I thought I had this fixed, but I messed it up. I'll try to get to it later in the week.

The bug is being caused by the Infernals somehow, but I haven't traced down exactly what it is yet.

If you want to play on, the attached file completely eliminates the Infernals and clears the crash, but this 'fix' does change the game since the Infernals are pretty strong.

Best wishes,

Breunor

PS - Player tip - You have a lot of unworked land near your capital, and you have a stack of workers in your capital doing nothing! With the Khazad especially, you should be building cotteges or at least farms, but don't leave it unworked!

Attachments

• Brell Seris ADv2-0372.CivBeyondSwordSave
    429.2 KB · Views: 57
The infernal capital produce a building which is shared for the whole team. They are allied to player 16. Player 16 is dead. Not only that, player 16 doesn't even have a civilization set!

The infernals are player 9. That means the maximum should be player 10, if Basium was summoned after infernals. How they ended up allied to a player which should not exist I do not know.

*edit* Somehow this player which do not exist (16) joined the infernal team (9). Unfortunately I can't solve the CtD without a save from right before when that happened.

thanks for the help guys. I wonder if this could have been my fault though. When i created the game, on the player select screen i spaced out my the computer players.. Meaning In the civ selection screen, I had myself, then an closed spot, then open ai, then closed, then open ai etc etc... I wonder if this is a problem. Is there a maximum number of ai civs I could have in a single game??

I did this because I thought it would space out the civs when they first start the game.. maybe I just unintentionally screwed up my game from the start..

thanks for the help guys. I wonder if this could have been my fault though. When i created the game, on the player select screen i spaced out my the computer players.. Meaning In the civ selection screen, I had myself, then an closed spot, then open ai, then closed, then open ai etc etc... I wonder if this is a problem. Is there a maximum number of ai civs I could have in a single game??

I did this because I thought it would space out the civs when they first start the game.. maybe I just unintentionally screwed up my game from the start..

This could be the issue obviously. Based on what Snarko said, my guess is that you are best off then just playing the game without the infernals using the save I provided. Unfortunately, you may get other problems with permanent alliances.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Thanks for the assistance guys. I now know not to skip a player when picking the civs in the custom game opening.. haha. I figure i will jsut start the game over, im only halfway in so its not that big of a loss.

Thanks

Tholal the missing player has never been alive. It's a non-existent player that ended up on a team it shouldn't have.

Top Bottom