CTD + Dinosaur Loading Cursor + Other Errors. Can no longer run game. Halp!

Gothic_Empire

AKA, Ramen Empire
Hi,

I'm suddenly having trouble running Civ V on a system that's been doing so successfully since 2012.

When I click "Play Now" or "Set Up Game," there is a crash to desktop immediately, accompanied with this error message:

Code:
  Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
  Application Name:	CivilizationV.exe
  Application Version:	1.0.3.144
  Application Timestamp:	52585e86
  Fault Module Name:	CivilizationV.exe
  Fault Module Version:	1.0.3.144
  Fault Module Timestamp:	52585e86
  Exception Code:	c0000005
  Exception Offset:	000d9671
  OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	0a9e
  Additional Information 2:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:	0a9e
  Additional Information 4:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I'm attaching my DXDiag file. MSInfo is apparently too large of a file size and too many characters to put into this file.

Other strange problems that started right when the CTD error started:

My in-app loading cursor--the spinning globe--has been replaced with a small walking dinosaur, which reminds of something from an older version of windows.

I've tried... everything, I think. But I'm willing to try it all again, I guess. I miss civ. :(

I've reinstalled the game twice. I've updated my video card drivers. I've Reinstalled Steam. I've verified the integrity of the game cache through Steam. I've tried loading DX11 and DX9. Short of a hoodoo ritual, I'm flummoxed.

Attachments

• DxDiagPostFixes.txt
    37.3 KB · Views: 94
Have you checked for virus or using any mods?

Uninstalled all mods. Using Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes, I verified no viruses.

Minus the saved games (you want to keep), have you manually deleted all files from the My Games folder? Get rid of the folder itself also.

Minus the saved games (you want to keep), have you manually deleted all files from the My Games folder? Get rid of the folder itself also.

I tried deleting the entire folder. Same crash.

I am out of ideas, sorry, but if anything else comes to mind...

Have you tried under steam to uninstall BNW and try vanilla or G&K? If they work, then there may be a file related to BNW, that is not being replaced correctly.

That is very strange. The Dinosaur cursor does exist, but I'm not sure what it is used for or why it would be there instead of the globe.

When you uninstalled, did you manually delete both the game's Steam folder and the one in My Documents?

Top Bottom