1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CTD on civolopedia

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Bug Reports' started by MrPopov, Aug 11, 2007.

1. MrPopov

MrPopov King

Whether I open the pedia from the main menu, or during a game, whenever I view a unique building, and take the link from that page to the base building (ex. forum to market)

Example, I open the pedia and look at a UB, and compare it with the base building, the game CTD on me.

I am running a steam downloaded version, and I have no "unofficial" patches/mods and I uninstalled blue marble and have all latest drivers.

2. MrPopov

MrPopov King

Just deleted and reinstalled and recieving the same problem...

3. MrPopov

MrPopov King

erg. Now I am getting crashes just trying to launch a new custom game. I am getting quite peeved.

4. MrPopov

MrPopov King

UPDATE:

The crash was related to locking modified assets.

Anyone else getting the civolopedia bug though that I posted above?

I want to point out also that I am using the Steam version, not a boxed CD. (though my vanilla and warlords are boxed versions)

5. Intruder13

Intruder13 Pave the way

I'm having CTD also with civlopedia. Glad to see I'm not the only one, and it is reproducible.

The details: the game crashes when clicking on a link for that unit's replacement or downgrade.

Edit: Using the Steam version. Crashes occur *after* the patch.

6. Ansible

Ansible Chieftain

I'm getting the crash now too, after updating to 3.03 (using Boxed retail CD)...

7. Intruder13

Intruder13 Pave the way

Thats unfortunate. I was hoping that the boxed-version patch, which was released later, would have corrected it.

8. Ansible

Ansible Chieftain

I reinstalled BTS, and only applied 3.02... the problem has gone away.

9. Intruder13

Intruder13 Pave the way

Thats not something I'm sure we can do with the steam version unless we made a backup. :sad:

10. gegabitelord

gegabitelord Warlord

Well insted of uninstalling the game you could just replace the gamecore.dll with the old one I backed mine up and uploaded it to a file sharing web site I'm sure it'll work with your copys

11. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

12. Pikkis

Pikkis Prince

It crashed when I moved from Ger to Stable in Civilopedia. This is ridiculous! Patch doesn't fix anything (at least not known this far), but gives us new bugs. I have to think about reinstalling BTS.

13. Yobert

Yobert Chieftain

My game crash to now when i click a link :(

14. CMOS4

CMOS4 Chieftain

I never crashed when using 3.02, but since installing 3.03 I can reproduce crashes from several links in the civilopedia. My friend who usually hosts our multiplayer games crashed all the time during gameplay after installing 3.02.
    According to him he has not crashed since installing 3.03. It is my guess that they fixed one problem, but created another. Hopefully they will quickly realize this and put out a another patch that does not create any new problems ;)

I have also noticed that several animations are messed up in this patch as well. I will frequently see my units undergo the death animation when they actually won the battle ;)

15. Gelvan

Gelvan Prince

I think one should make this thread sticky.
    The patch 3.02 is available on the firaxis-website.

16. Silver Marmot

Silver Marmot Warlord

I just installed the game today and got several crashes when looking at the new BtS stuff in civilopedia (after installing the latest patch). Glad to see that it's not just me. Hopefully they'll fix this soon.

17. Chiyochan

Chiyochan King

this has nothing to do with the steam version, Im on a storebought version with game spy and the problem occurs

18. MrCynical

MrCynical Deity

The 3.03 patch causes two known issues:

1)Clicking links in the civlopedia frequently causes a CTD.

2)Combat animations are broken - units appear to die, but then get up and carry on fighting.

Since 3.03 does nothing unless you use Vista (and even then I've yet to hear any reports of genuine benefits), it should be avoided. Stick to patch 3.02 which doesn't have these problems.

19. jened

jened Warlord

i get ctd too with bts 3.03 - i have dvd version - will uninstall and reinstall and not let it pull down 3.03