CTD on end of turn

aburke

Chieftain
My game crashes at the end of my turn. I'm having a great game and would like to finish it. Is there any way to salvage it? I tried loading the game several turns back and it crashed at the exact same point.

On an aside, does anyone know why the units flicker between the FFH icon and the base icon. For example, a skeleton will switch between looking like a skeleton or a regular warrior.

Thanks,
Tempus

P.S. I am running FFH .041j. I think m patch didn't exist when I last downloaded things.

Attachments

• Alan Burke AD-0434.CivBeyondSwordSave
    399.7 KB · Views: 54
You're probably experiencing the Tiger Bug, although there are other similar bugs that can cause the same sort of problem. I'm using Patch M, and so can't load your save, but you may be able to fix it yourself. Load into the worldbuilder and look for Tigers on the map; remove all the ones you find, exit worldbuilder, save and try ending turn. If you've removed the offending unit then the crash will not happen. If it still crashes then you can experiment with removing other units, although of course if the map is large this process could take a long time.

As for the units reverting to BtS appearances, that is caused by the "Animations Frozen" game option being turned on. Go to the Graphics tab of the Game Options screen and remove the x in front of that option and the problem should go away.

So I tried your suggestion and deleted all the tigers I could find. That didn't work so then I went ahead and deleted all the units on the map. That did work. I'm thinking I missed a tiger somewhere, so I'll play around until I isolate the bug. Are there any other types of units besides tigers that can cause a crash?

Most likely suspects would be Elephants, Giants, or any unit with the Hidden Nationality promotion that is in the same tile with units that do not have Hidden Nationality.

Top Bottom