CTIV-5: Peacenik Re-education Camp

ChrTh

Happy Yule!
Do you find yourself constantly trying to win games via cultural or space race victories?
Do you frequently make peace with another Civ when you have them on their heels and ready to collapse, rationalizing that you need to work on infrastructure for a few turns?
Do you leave war declarations in an SG for the next player to make?

Then you may be the candidate we're looking for at the Peacenik Re-education Camp!

Difficulty: Prince
Barbarians: Raging
Civ: Mongolian (Aggressive) -- Genghis (Expansive)
Land type: Continents
Climate/Sea Level: Random
Map Size: Standard
Game Length: Normal
Victory Conditions: All enabled, only Conquest allowed

Game Variant Rules:
Some of you might remember the NOW (non-oscillating war) games in the CIII SG forum. We'll be doing something similar:
--We need to keep track of the Civs we meet in the order we meet them.

--The first Civ we meet we can not trade anything with. After we meet the second Civ, we must immediately declare war on the first Civ, and we can not make peace with them until they or us are conquered. The second Civ is considered "on deck", and thus we can never trade with them. The third through sixth Civs get to wait in line. Once a Civ is conquered, we immediately declare war on the next in line, and we must cancel any deals we have with the new "on deck" Civ (we're allowed to make deals with any Civ that is neither "Up" or "on deck").

--We can never cave in to a demand from a Civ, regardless of where they are in the order. We can never enter into a formal defensive pact, however, we can join another war if asked (and the person asking isn't "on deck")

--Since Peaceniks seem to be leery of the :whipped: as well, we must revolt to Slavery when we get Bronze Working and stay there the entire game (Yep, Emancipation is not for us)

In all seriousness, I'm looking for peace-loving players. If you have bloodlust and conquest in your background, please don't sign up.

And if we're successful, the next camp will be AW! :groucho:

Roster
------
ChrTh (20 turns to start)
The Duff Man (15 turns)
pling
ruff_hi
Scowler
oldbustedjorn

When you sign up, please give your opinion on Civ choice. Also, if you feel Prince might be too much of a challenge for peaceniks, I'm willing to drop to Noble.

Note that I won't be starting this until this weekend (although I'll post the starting position once we've chosen a leader).

That sounds rather like me ;) so I'd like to join if I may :D

Civ preference - Kublai, I like the creative trait. Difficulty I'm not fussed about - I've never won on Prince, but I started to realise the other day that it was possible, I've just not done it yet :)

Duff Man!, you're in. As are you, pling.

Ok, we have 1 vote for Kublai, and one abstention.

I vote Ghengis. At Prince the health bonus helps. We are going to want to build Granaries if we are whipping our population. We can always build SH or libraries for culture.

The Duff Man said:
I vote Ghengis. At Prince the health bonus helps. We are going to want to build Granaries if we are whipping our population. We can always build SH or libraries for culture.

Good point. 1 vote for Genghis, 1 vote for Kublai.

Oh - you could you be so cruel - you must not war with poeple like this - remember that they have every right to live in this world.

Ok, better sign me up too - if that's ok with you :D

Ghengis!

Do we HAVE to eliminate the civs in order of meeting them? Just wondering if we get a civ down to one or two small far away cities (on an island for example) are we bound into taking them out before making war on the next one, or is it OK as long as we don't make peace with the civ that is "up".

I wasn't planning on playing any more SGs for a while, but that description matches me completely and I guess the Turtle Game will be wrapping up soon anyway. I'm crap at war and have never achieved a military victory in any version of Civ. Can I volunteer for re-education?

Leader choice would be Genghis, of course, for reasons already outlined above.

ruff_hi: you're in. Another vote for Genghis, and I'm convinced as well, so Genghis it is.

I recommend everyone starts practicing with the appropriate smileys. :hammer: :whipped: :hammer:

The Duff Man said:
Do we HAVE to eliminate the civs in order of meeting them? Just wondering if we get a civ down to one or two small far away cities (on an island for example) are we bound into taking them out before making war on the next one, or is it OK as long as we don't make peace with the civ that is "up".

If we want to declare on the "on deck" Civ before eliminating the "up" Civ, that's ok, it's just that we always have to have a war going on. However, once we declare war on a Civ, we can not make peace with them (if someone declares on us, we can make peace--but only in favorable circumstances for us).

Scowler, you're in.

Since 24 is on tonight, I might not get the first 20 done, but I'll definitely post the starting position for discussion. I would like a 6th player, though, because NOW games can take awhile, especially in the later game.

oldbustedjorn, you're in.

Roster is now full. Everyone please make sure they subscribe to this thread. Also, please post a Got It so I know you have it, and never edit an existing post when posting your turns.

Happiness probably won't be an issue because typically we can add happy resource after resource via conquest. Another thing we won't have to worry about too much is building settlers.

Note that the barbarians are raging; we're going to have to be military-focused from the beginning.

oldbustedjorn said:
My vote for civ would be Kublai Khan - if we're fighting, our cities will pick up culture without having to build stonehenge, theaters or obelisks.
That is a good point - hmmn. I guess it would be better to be Ghengis if we are planning to build really big, happy cities and win via culture or space race or ... :nono: ... WHAT AM I SAYING ... :help: I need more :ar15: :aargh: :hammer: Hmmn - Kublai might be good to get our new cities up and running again - so we can :whipped: them!

Top Bottom