CTIV-5: Peacenik Re-education Camp

oldbustedjorn said:
:lol: I just find it funny that we spent 4 pages arguing over a one tile movement and then we reroll - this is a great thread...

I'm sure this is a bad time to ask, but why didn't we play great plains or pangea or lakes?

Oh, and I say settle in place...

Lakes and Pangaea games can be won without using naval warfare. If we're going to learn how to use the :hammer:, we need to be able to do it at sea as well.

I'm sure that everyone will agree that we should move 1 tile SW and settle there :rolleyes:

I had to finish off a project and couldn't get to it last night. I don't mind being bumped if someone wants to go ahead during the day otherwise my night is clear tonight to proceed.

Duff Man, there's no rush. The first rule of warfare is PATIENCE. Just don't take longer than 48 hours ...

If I don't put anything in a turn I just moved around. I forgot to declare war on Civ 1 when I met Civ 2, DOH! Someone will have to do it. It was only 5 turns ago so it shouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

4000 Zion founded
3840 A friendly tribe teaches us about Agriculture!
3680 A young runner wishes to join us as a Scout!
3600 We meet the Chinese. We feign friendship.....for now.
3560 Our villagers learn about Animal Husbandry and begin work on Mining
3480 Buddism is founded somewhere
3400 We meet Frederick of the Germans. Duff man forgets to declare war on the Chinese.....OH NO!
3320 Our scout beats off some wolves and decides to rest and heal
3280 Hindusm is founded somewhere

Notes: We will have a worker in 1 turn. He can build both a pasture and farm. We are working on learning Bronze Working so we can both whip some citizens and chop some forests. I don't see a decent second city site anywhere. We will have horses in our cultural border when Zion grows again, but at our current culture rate that is in 31 turns. Screenshots forthcoming.

Here is starting location, nothing special.

Attachments

• Zion.JPG
    Zion.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 309
The damn wild animals kept chasing one of the scouts North. Frederick's borders are near the gold and pig (the gold is inside)

Attachments

• Far North.JPG
    Far North.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 217
Roster
------
The Duff Man -- Just finished
pling -- UP (15 turns)
ruff_hi -- On deck (10 turns)
Scowler
oldbustedjorn
ChrTh

The Hit List:
Chinese (UP -- Can someone please declare war?)
Germans (On Deck -- Can not trade)
???????
??????
?????
????

Got it!

I shall hopefully be able to play this evening (today got busier than I expected, I need to go out this afternoon so can't play then) :) (I'm on GMT btw, it's way early in the morning here)

I take it my goals are a) declare war on the chinese and b) work on getting us some sort of force to actually do something about it ;) Nice to see we have horses so near, here's hoping for bronze near the grapes then it's obvious where the best city 2 position is :mischief:

Hrm, we've only encountered 2 Civs? I think we're going to have a lot of room to expand (but yeah, go towards the horses first) ... but that also means a lot of barbs.

EDIT: We don't need to go for the horses if there's a better spot. We have horses right outside our cultural boundaries that we'll grab with the next expansion.

Turn 0 (3240BC):
There's a lot of stuff queued in the city right now, I've de-queued all the warriors - they stretched past my turns and well into the next few turnsets. I'll make my decisions as I go :)
We have no commerce yielding tiles we can work in our city until we have Fishing so we can work the lake.
I declare war on the Chinese, though I'm a little disconcerted by our complete lack of defense.

Turn 1 (3200BC):
Zion: Worker -> Warrior
Micromanage Zion so we're not growing but between the overspill and the high hammer tiles we'll get a Warrior in 2 turns, and I don't think there's a Chinese unit in range to kill us in the meantime. If I'm wrong, we're dead.
Worker starts to build road to cows.
Scout up north starts to wend his way back down south.

Turn 2 (3160BC):
N Scout moving around.

Turn 3 (3120BC):
Zion: Warrior -> Warrior
Our first miltary unit is built!
Fortify him, and micromanage Zion so we're growing a bit too.
Worker starts to work on pasture, which will give us hammers on that high food tile too.
N Scout poking about.

Turn 4 (3080BC):
N Scout poking around.
Chinese Warrior heading our way.
S Scout wakes up and starts heading east to try & find the Chinese.

Turn 5 (3040BC):
Scouts still moving.
Chinese warrior has vanished - think he got scared at the sight of our defense, such as it is.

Turn 6 (3000BC):
Scouts moving.

Turn 7 (2960BC):
Zion: Warrior -> Barracks
The pasture is finished, so the barracks will only take 6 turns and we'll be able to keep growing while producing at high speed.
The worker is now off to add those elephants to our armoury (there's a Chinese scout near the rice, which might call for re-inforcements if I leave the warrior out).
Warrior 2 heads off to harass the scout, hopefully.
More scout movements.

Turn 8 (2920BC):
Warrior decides discretion is better part of valour (ie only 75% chance to win when the scout is on a forested hill, so I'm dancing around him).
N Scout finds the chinese.

Turn 9 (2880BC):
Warrior still following the scout.
N Scout gets a look at the Chinese Garrison.

Turn 10 (2840BC):
N Scout still poking around the Chinese.

Turn 11 (2800BC):
Warrior has run off the scout as much as he can, heading for chinese duty.
Worker starts to build a camp on an elephant (we'll get more commerce & more hammers from this).

Turn 12 (2760BC):
N Scout meets a wolf at turn end :eek:
More movements of people.

IBT: Scout killed by wolf :(

Turn 13 (2720BC):
Zion: Barracks -> Warrior

Turn 14 (2680BC):
And the moment we've all been waiting for! Bronze Working discovered, I revolt to Slavery.
There is no Copper near us. Nearest is halfway to Freddy.

On the plus side, I don't think Qin has copper either.
I've got research on Fishing now, but as Anarchy won't be over till next turn the next person can make a real decision on that - Iron Working might be better, but if we have Fishing we'll have more commerce available to do the Iron Working research. Archery & Horseback Riding might be a better way to go though, I'm not sure.

We get gold out of a hut.

Turn 15 (2640BC):
Still moving Warrior 2 across to keep an eye on the Chinese and scare them out of usefulness.
Our remaining scout winds up next to a lion at the end of the turn :(
The Worker is building a road on the other elephant.

pling said:
I declare war on the Chinese, though I'm a little disconcerted by our complete lack of defense.
Too funny. Lucky our cultural defence had improved!

Roster
------
The Duff Man
pling -- Just finished
ruff_hi -- UP (11 turns - we're off by a turn)
Scowler -- On deck (10 turns)
oldbustedjorn
ChrTh

The Hit List:
Chinese (UP)
Germans (On Deck -- Can not trade)
???????
??????
?????
????

Top Bottom