1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

CTP Pollution bug?

Discussion in 'Other Civ-Related Games' started by nick137, Apr 7, 2003.

1. nick137

nick137 Chieftain

This has happened to me twice. Things are going very nicely and it's quite late in the game. I'm watching pollution and building fusion plants and recycling etc. and suddenly, all pollution caused by my cities stops just like that. What's going on?

2. Frozzy

Frozzy Chieftain

Did someone build the Gaia Control wonder? Did you?

3. nick137

nick137 Chieftain

Well, I started building it, though I did not complete it. But this "bug" only affects my cities, not all the others. I tried changing the production from the GC to something else and it didn't change that. More to the point, the pollution screen still reported a possibility of a disaster in x years (I forget how many, bt fewer than it had been), presumably due to what the other civ's cities were doing.

What should happen? I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me exactly what the situation is.

Nick.

4. Stylesjl

Stylesjl SOS Brigade Member

By researching gaia theroy all pollution in your civ is eliminated

5. Daarkseid

Daarkseid Chieftain

Oh, good, I just picked up the game again recently(been.. 6 years since I last touched it, good lord), and noticed the pollution thing too. What further confused me was when cities were reporting high pollution, but I think it was actually due to the a couple of cities consistently firing their rail launchers.

6. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

I hope to see you guys playtesting the Apolyton patch. The AI is much better than out of the box.