Cualli

redazncommieDXP

Warlord
I was very excited to see some of my favorite civs from FF in this mod (the Scions and the Mazatl) but disappointed in the exclusion of the Cualli. I love the shadow and slavery aspects of the evil lizards, and wish they'd been included. Are there any modules or anything which add the Cualli to this mod?

Mazatl / Cualli represent a family divided within whereas Bannor / Clan represent a family divided without. It's a nice symmetry.

Mazatl / Cualli represent a family divided within whereas Bannor / Clan represent a family divided without. It's a nice symmetry.

Possibly, but it goes against all lore the civs have. Which is bad IMO, as there isn't a whole lot yet... Changing them this drastically confuses people who aren't aware there are different interpretations, and causes the little bit of lore people write to be split between two opposed versions.

Plus, I just really dislike the idea of dropping most civs. I'd much rather work to make them more unique from each other, than merge one. The only civ I'm really okay with dropping is the Kahdi. :lol:

Possibly, but it goes against all lore the civs have. Which is bad IMO, as there isn't a whole lot yet...
Changing them this drastically confuses people who aren't aware there are different interpretations, and causes the little bit of lore people write to be split between two opposed versions.
I do not think so. There is not much difference between the civs save their alignment. They can easily be seen as two factions of one civ.
True, the same can be said for many human civs or elves. But there are big differences in units, buildings and whole gameplay. Here, I think the differences are too small to keep them separate. Plus, if I finally manage to set all things right for them, they will be more unique in the way they respond to alignment change.
Also, I am going to change the name in Orbis 0.30.

Also, following your logic, you should keep Mechanos as they are in Orbis. There are quite big changes to them in RifE, am I right? And not all of these changes I do like... :mischief:
:p

I do not think so. There is not much difference between the civs save their alignment. They can easily be seen as two factions of one civ.
True, the same can be said for many human civs or elves. But there are big differences in units, buildings and whole gameplay. Here, I think the differences are too small to keep them separate. Plus, if I finally manage to set all things right for them, they will be more unique in the way they respond to alignment change.
Also, I am going to change the name in Orbis 0.30.

Also, following your logic, you should keep Mechanos as they are in Orbis. There are quite big changes to them in RifE, am I right? And not all of these changes I do like... :mischief:
:p

Yes, I apply the logic selectively. :lol: Was really just wanting to find reasons for why I dislike the merge... It's just an automatic feeling. :lol:

The thing is there COULD be differences. Quite easily, really... I even have some ideas for the Cualli, involving leaders and the way their society functions. ;)

I like how they are the same race with just different leaders. Makes more since to me.

Honestly, the Elves are more related than the lizards are. The lizards worshipped COMPLETELY different gods during the AoI, and were altered by that worship. I find it hard to believe the two societies would coexist... And I like to have natural rivals for civs. Ljos/Svart, Bannor/Clan, Doviello/Archos, so on. Hell, I'll eventually be making two aquatic civs for that exact reason, though in that case it's balance as well. Can't have the entire ocean for one civ.

Again, I have some ideas on how to improve the Cualli, but won't go into details on the forum... Think I'll send Ahwaric a PM about it though. ;)

If you do that, you don't have games where the Ljos and Svarts are rivals unless you specifically set them both to be active.

I play random games, so I prefer it to be an emergent rivarly; If they're in game, you know they are your rivals, but you don't know ahead of time. I REALLY dislike the idea of merging them.

The only civ I'm okay with removing, and even planning on, are the Kahdi.

The only reason I dislike the merge is that I want BOTH civs to be able to appear randomly. Because it's a single civ now, only one leader is selected when you randomly generate opponents (which I always do) and I like to see Cualli-Mazatl in FF/RiFE.

If you could make the change which allows them both to appear via random generation, I'd agree with this merge.

Top Bottom