1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cuba US: John Kerry reopens Havana embassy on historic trip

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Agent327, Aug 14, 2015.

1. brennan

brennan Argumentative Brit

Next time I use my card to pay a bill i'll remember to describe this to everyone as a 'extensive support operation'. Perhaps a gullible senator will guess that this means a large terrorist infrastructure must be involved and the two non-facts can conflate into a 'well documented' load of conspiracist nonsense to match your own.

2. Formaldehyde

Formaldehyde Both Fair And Balanced

So now clearly contested facts by even the ex-chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee is a "well documented load of conspiracist nonsense."

And not a single word about the other major error in your own "conspiracy theory". This obviously wasn't an "invasion", which was part of the hyperbole you used to absurdly refer to my previous post. But it was clearly no small operation as you alleged. It required extensive planning and support. It also required many people to completely fail to properly perform their jobs.

We may never know the actual details about what transpired and who were directly involved. But one thing is clear. Much of the official report was a whitewash to protect some of our closest supposed allies, as well as the gross incompetence at the highest levels of our government at the time. 9/11 should have never happened. "The system was blinking red" and the president was directly apprised of the danger. Such a major operation should have never been able to be successfully kept a secret, even before our rights and privacy were grossly eroded.

3. brennan

I never thought i'd see you accepting the opinion of a US senator as automatically factually correct.

4. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

He'll accept anything that confirms his priors.

5. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

Don't we have enough threads about the 11-09-2001 attacks elsewhere? This feels as if the frigging windmills were attacking me.

6. Formaldehyde

And I knew you would make a ludicrous strawman out of my comment while trying to disparage my credibility merely because you disagree with me. :crazyeye:

The irony and hypocrisy just never stops with your frequent comments about me. Does it?

7. brennan

On this particular subject you have zero credibility.

8. Formaldehyde

Like your wacky personal opinion in this matter is actually "credible" in this regard.

And now we get to hear how the 9/11 Commission Report estimates it was "only" $400,000-500,000 again, even though the facts suggest the figure was quite likely low-balled for political reasons.

9. Sonereal

>mfw

Spoiler :

10. Bugfatty300

Bugfatty300 Buddha Squirrel

Why the confederate states national flag?

Spain did 9/11.
    Spoiler :

11. Sonereal

Spoiler :

12. Takhisis

*brainasplode*

13. brennan

What facts tell us that Formy? Please enlighten us. You did refer me the the report as a factual source after all. I can't be held to blame for the 'facts' in it contradicting what you said.

By the way, do you think that we should swallow wholesale the 'facts' that are whatever KSM said under torture? Which is pretty much the whole thing.

14. Takhisis

No, please, don't encourage him, we already have enough threads on the Arab menace. Please!

15. Formaldehyde

I told you that you would feel like you had to mention it. :lol:

And while you continue to ignore that it directly contradicted the entirety of your "conspiracy theory", while it merely disagrees in its ESTIMATATION with what much of the media and a Senator privy to the secrets think was spent.

By the way, do you want to bring up even more completely irrelevant stuff? At least this time you didn't falsely allege that it must be what I believe, as you just did above.

16. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

Moderator Action: Please take discussion of 9/11 and related events to another thread. This thread is about Cuba-US relations.

17. Sonereal

Love you based mods. :love:

Back on topic, a brief timeline of US-Cuban relations.

18. Formaldehyde

It isn't bad from a simplistic "talking point" perspective.

But it fails to mention that the US declared war on Spain and invaded Cuba on the false pretext that they had sabotaged the USS Maine when it was actually an accident.

It fails to mention that Eisenhower refused to meet with Castro, which is why his vice president was assigned the task. That Castro took this as a direct slight and started relations with the Soviet Union as a direct result.

It also makes it sound like the "invasion" was something other than a CIA operation all along. That the US military was ready to implement the second stage of the plan to directly supply air support and even invade with US troops if needed. But Kennedy decided to cancel the operation instead after it badly floundered in the Bay of Pigs.

It also fails to mention that the US government repeatedly tried to assassinate Fidel Castro. That it has funded terrorism against the Cuban government.

19. CavLancer

CavLancer This aint fertilizer

Obama is smart. He is creating the perfect conditions for a surprise attack. Next time air force 2 flies into Havana it will be loaded with Rangers while airborne forces drop into the munitions areas where they keep those old nuclear bombs the Soviets forgot to bring with them. Meanwhile regular army will hit the beaches, what fun! Thank you Obama!