1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Cuban Revolution

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by alejandro-magno, Feb 13, 2004.

1. alejandro-magno

alejandro-magno Revolutionary

Cuban Revolution V0.1ALPHA by alejandro-magno
    Based in Caribbean Quest map by Eastern Knight

Revolutionaries start with a lot of toughened guerillas and 4 leaders in Pico Turquino, Sierra Maestra. They also have 2 new wonders.

With these forces they must take out Batista´s 30+ cities.

The US has Guantanamo Bay Naval Base. It starts out Neutral, but as planes have hidden nationality, the may freely bomb anyone.

I´ve made guerrillas better, by adding one movement point, all terrain as roads, cost 40 + 1 pop (They are farmers with guns actually)

Wonders:

People´s Revolution: -corruption, -war weariness in all cities, +3 happy faes (all cities)

Radio Rebelde: Makes Guerillas (freq 2)

I´d appreciate help with resources (ivory in cuba?), wonders, improvements, pedia text, tech tree, maybe some new units.

V 0.1 Removed After 14 Downloads
    V0.4 Removed After 94 Downloads
    V0.6 Removed After 11 Downloads

Attached Files:

2. Al Zan

Al Zan Chieftain

great job!

3. Sarevok

Sarevok Civ3 Scenario Creator

4. silver 2039

silver 2039 Chieftain

It's really hard as the Revolutionaries. Also they don't start at locked war with Bastito. I think you should give them more troops and extend the length of the scenario. 48 turns isn't enough.

5. alejandro-magno

V 0.4ALpha Now Available

Added Oil, Miami, & some other stuff to make it more playable. Batista´s corruption is no longer catastrophic, just problematic (BIG Mistake).

Modified resistance bonus, now citizens wont resist invasion (but will still be unhappy)

I corrected the locked war mistake, silver. However I just played as revs (with corrected resistance) and won. Corruption wouldnt let batista make new units. Perhaps if u try attacking Santiago on turn 1? Batista will lose air capability that way. Maybe I´ll test it again later.

Also, the modified guerrilas are insanely fast. Use that to your advantage.

6. Gogf

Gogf Indescribable

Sounds pretty good, I'm going to try it now :).

Also, do you know that Sween32 made a FARC Cuban rebel unit?

7. Gogf

Gogf Indescribable

I tried as the rebels, and it's impossible! I gave up after losing four armies, and ending up with three geurillas.

8. Carl_0914

Carl_0914 Chieftain

interesting.... :)

9. alejandro-magno

Gogf: I´ll try and change the resource &luxury layout, and give the rebels something more ( or take batistan units in the south). Any suggestions for this stuff.

Yes, I saw sweens FARC and Fidel leaderhead. (BTW, sween is a member of M-26 in apolyton, for those who dont understand, the M-26 is the movimiento 26 de Julio, the castros, & other revolutionaries that set out from mexico in the granma to depose Batista)

But the actual organization of the FARC was after taking control of Havana, basing its structure in the Ejército Rebelde. I´m thinking of making the FARC unit a infantry-like unit for the revs though.

Please Give me ideas to balance rebels-batistans

10. General Kohl

General Kohl Semi-Insane Historian

you could make the batista´s forces weaker, since the Batista´s governamment was very corrupt, and the corruption was very spread in the army, making it weak and inneficient, also the Rebels had the advantage of their Strong beliefs and they were fighting for their ideollogy, not for money, making the difference even larger

i hope i helped out, keep up this great work! :goodjob:

11. Gogf

Gogf Indescribable

Your incorporation of the FARC sounds good. How to balance them: give the rebels more geurillas at the start. Maybe give geurilla anti air too.

12. alejandro-magno

I screwed things up when adding the FARC, I´ll try to upload tonight/tomorrow.

13. alejandro-magno

This is the next version (available in a few hrs):

-Guerrillas Have Anti-Air, Improved Attack (8) and Bombard (Str 6, Rng 1, ROF 1)
    -FARC (Slightly better Infantry)
    - Modified Luxuries (Graphics & Position, so that they are closer to sierra Maestra, and thus disbalance Batista sooner with revolts)

14. alejandro-magno

Here it is, V 0.6 Alpha

EDIT:
    REMOVED, it had a couple probs (wrong FARC Icon, & Minor Stuff) Corrected V0.61 is on the top of the page)

15. Androrc

Androrc Chieftain

16. Androrc

Androrc Chieftain

I...got utterly defeated. Maybe the FARC shouldn't require rubber so I can build it at the start?

17. Captin Zebra

Captin Zebra my account name is stupid

loved the game. it was lots of fun. i liked the FARC too. :goodjob: though i didnt have enough time to take over all of Cuba. I probably would have won though if i had more time. maybe you should think of adding more time to the game.

18. Gogf

Gogf Indescribable

Maybe you should make the FARC available to knowbody in the editor, so nobody can build it. Then you give a bunch of FARC to the rebels at the begining. Just an idea.

19. tanklord99

tanklord99 Chieftain

Tried the scenario and liked it. Learning was a little steep at firs, but I think I can win as Fidel, just as soon as the problem with the FARC unit is straightened out. I keep getting Error- file not found .../ANIMNAME_PRTO_FARC. Can I get some help from you on this?

20. Captin Zebra

Captin Zebra my account name is stupid

hey alejandro-magno, i know this is off topic but, once you have fixed everything for this scenario it would be cool to have a scenario based on che in Bolivia. i know the che was executed in bolivia but you could have it so that he wasn't executed in bolivia and you could keep playing in bolivia as if che hadn't been kiled.