Cult of the Dragon?

Milosrdenstvi

Chieftain
In several hotseat games with a friend the Cult of the Dragon has never activated. Is this broken?

Have the Kuriotates or Sheaim been in the game? It can only be founded in their cities...

I think it also has a tech or maybe time requirement. Or maybe you have just been unlucky.

I don't think it is bugged as I have seen it founded in a hotseat game recently

You might happen to be running .31b. As events are broken with that patch, the cult can never be found.

Had it in my last Sheaim .31c game, so I can confirm it is in.

I've seen the Cult being founded in one of my games very early, so it does work.

Best bet is, as stated earlier, you're running patch b where Kael accidentally axed the events. Patch up to c and you're set.

Er, I thought it was founded when the first actual dragon was built?

You mean with Divine Power? That's pretty late in the game. Besides, the Cult was explicitly designed as a cult made up of those who foretold the return of dragons.

Originally it was a religion founded by the Kuriotates/Sheaim-only tech awaken the ancients, and the holy city was required to build either dragon. Then the tech was removed and it was made so the first city to build either dragon (which require Divine Essence) became the Holy City. Now it is a guild founded by a event that can only happen to the Kuriotates or Sheaim, but almost certainly will very early on. The Guild's existence then triggers the very common, negative, annoying events in other civ's cities.

That's exactly what I'm saying. In every version of the game I've played for the past two months, none of the Cult of the Dragon events have triggered. Ever. For anyone.

I frequently play as the Kuriotates, as they are my favorite civ. When Shadow first came out, the Cult was founded around the first turn. It spread quickly and was lauded by many to have been too annoying to non-Sheaim and Kuriotate civs, and so it was changed. Since then I have only had the cult founded once, very late game when it was all but useless. For a while, I thought it was removed completely. I think it should have a tech requirement of some sort so people playing as the Sheaim or Kuriotates can ensure that it gets triggered in their games. I'd rather the events that it triggers be tweaked so they are less frequent and/or less frustrating than having the Cult non-existent.

Top Bottom