Cultivating a dose of Anglophilia!

Some missiong statistic
Spoiler :

Ozbenno 60% (+6) 161 gold 307 research, 79 production, 237 food
workers 8, GA 3, 2 archers, 6 longbows, 1 crossbows, 3 warriors, 4 swords, 6 axes, 4 spears,
1 trebushets, 4 trireme, 1 caravell.

Mice 50% (+4) 172 gold, 196 research, 104 prod, 135 food
8 workers, GM, GA, 2 archers, 4 longbows, 3 crossbows, 1 HA, 3 knights, 3 warriors, 3 swords, 6 axes, 9 maces, 3 spears, 4 pikes,
5 cats, 4 trebushets, 1 galey, 3 trireme, 4 caravell.

pigswill 70% (-3) 161 gold 442 reseach, 216 prod, 259 food (IN golden age)
8 workers, GM, 1 archers, 5 Longbows, 3 crossbows, 4 swords, 5 axes, 1 mace, 4 pikes,
8 cats, 3 trireme, 1 caravel

mrchadt 40%(+5) 218gold 188research, 140 prod, 236 food

8 workers, 2 archers, 13 Longbows, 2 crossbows, 3 HA, 2 Knights, 3 warriors, 4 swordsman, 6 axes, 2 maces, 4 pikes,
9 cats, 4 trebushets, 1 trireme, 2 caravell, 6 galeons.

FeedBack 80% (-10) 99 gold, 366 research, 108 production, 203 food
8 workers, 2 archers, 15 longbows, warrior1, swordman 4, axes 6, spears 4
trireme 3

Mutineer50% (-1) 165gold 193 research, 114 prod, 250 food
GM, GA 8 workers, 2 archers, 11 Longbows, 3 warriors, 3 swords, 6 axes, 9 maces, 2 pikes,
5 cats, 3 trebushets, 6 tiremes

So when Öjevind Lång gives in his save I pm my votes to mutineer?
And I give 3 names,
1.The one I think is best.
2 2nd best.
3 3rd best.
I cannot vote for my own or mutineers.

So when Öjevind Lång gives in his save I pm my votes to mutineer?
And I give 3 names,
1.The one I think is best.
2 2nd best.
3 3rd best.
I cannot vote for my own or mutineers.

That is correct.

Edit, sorry no it's not. As pigswill said in next post.

mrchadt: yes, except scoring is 3pt for best, 2pt 2nd best,1pt 3rd best.

While we're collecting statistics I thought I'd add in some figures for base culture (without culture slider or FS bonus) for top 3 cities.
Spoiler :
Feedback 42, 53, 47 (already running FS so these are doubled)

mice 48, 27, 13 (Antium) (Nottingham 17)

mrchadt 51, 54, 17

Ozbenno 69, 49, 19

pigswill 55, 43, 32 (64 with hermitage)

Didn't include Cam's or Mutineer's.

Ok, this post is just for you to know I'm off to the beaches and will be uncommunicable 'til Monday evening. I can cast my votes by Tuesday 0:00 GMT. So, if you guys can wait until then... :please:

I'm grabbing my sunglasses! :cool:

Mutineer,

I think Öjevind has had pretty well enough time to post or at least advise us of his situation.

The roster should now be able to submit votes to Mutineer although further analysis if needed is fine. :)

I found it really difficult to choose who my votes went to. I've not had much experience in assessing different games even with all of the statistics I don't feel I made a good judgement. I sent my votes in anyway.

Mutineer,

I think Öjevind has had pretty well enough time to post or at least advise us of his situation.

The roster should now be able to submit votes to Mutineer although further analysis if needed is fine. :)

I said I'd post my save on Saturday. See post 316 in this thread. Well, obviously it is too late now, so I won't bother to do so.

Well, OK, here the save is. For the record.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/61698/Elizabeth_the_Cultured_jevind_AD-1400.CivWarlordsSave

I reckon that if Ojevid Lang has played his set he should still post it for consideration. It may be Sunday in the colonies but its still Saturday in England. ( and Feedback isn't voting till Tuesday).

I think one ofthe key issues for consideration is whether or not we need to weaken Mao through warfare given that this is likely to be a diversion of resources from culture boosters.

Are we going for the standard culture victory model?
1)focus on research.
2)focus on cash-rushing.
3)focus on culturing up the legends.

Ooops - my apologies! :blush:

Of course - please include Öjevind's submission! :) Anyone who has already voted and not considered Öjevind's game can re-cast their votes and blame Cam. ;)

Öjevind Lång;5651876 said:
I said I'd post my save on Saturday. See post 316 in this thread. Well, obviously it is too late now, so I won't bother to do so.

Well, OK, here the save is. For the record.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/61698/Elizabeth_the_Cultured_jevind_AD-1400.CivWarlordsSave
You post is sunday mogning for me and I suppous for many others.
Then you say satarday you should think that we are international people and if you posting satarday you should count by New Zealand time zone, not by your's. Voiting set on time when people most lickly have free time, which is weekends.

To mutineer, you said you wanted to try something in this game, may I ask what that is?

Hmm.. compare my save with others.
BTW, in statistic there is a mistake. My religious statistic mixed up with somebody else.
My true religious statistic.
Buddism - 7
Hinduism - 8
Judaism - 5
Cristianity - 5
Islam - 8
Taoism - 1
Total 34 Which is bigger then anybody else.

On top of that 54 building adn srong army and took 3 cities from Mao, again more then anybody else.

My tech development is fine to, may be not best, but if you add shields in building and army and better success in war, it would be over top.

How did I do that? By doing no one else did, employ Natiolism draftiing of Maces. I would advice you to load my save and compare. I am sure somebody will find us soon, so I will be able to trade the rest of tech.

I only employ HE city to produce army, all my main attack force were drafted.
My point is, reconsider how you figth wars, think about using Nationalism.

Remember, you can not voite for my save.

I have to admit, when I looked in your/Mutineerr's save I thought, "How did he build so many buildings/missionaries while warring Mao?"

I think it must take practice to manage draft wars especially with maces.

I keep meaning to play a game with heavy food emphasis for draft/whip, but always end up finding commerce plots to work and get a hybrid empire.

Feedback had a massive tech and building surge.

It seems to me that the last 2 turnsets have been about balancing war builds with infra builds. I voted for the save that puts the war to rest fastest so that the next turnsets can be all about building.

Thanks for that mutineer. I didn't consider getting nationalism quickly to draft macemen in this game, you certainly used that to good effect. I was too concerned about losing the lib race, because of someone in a foriegn land having the GL. Maybe I over value the free tech from that?

I was not warried about loosing Lib, not on Monarch to other continent.
By limiting trade to safe tech I slow down AI race.

It is posible to MM my save to get liberalism in 2 turns, so I do not think I lost it.

If I manage to get GS it would be no problem at all.

While I am not as experienced (or skilled) as Mutineer I am not convinced about the inevitability of war with Mao. Obviously deterrence is as much about a decent power rating as good diplomatic relations.

My idea is to get democracy (emancipation and Statue) then replaceable parts and rifling (redcoats) then switch off research altogether and go 100% cash with US. At this point there's an option to upgrade/cash-rush redcoats; another option would be to swop to nationalism (losing a few turns of FS in the process) and then spend 5-10 rounds drafting redcoats while cash-rushing temples and cathedrals.

In my very limited (1/2 attempt) at a cultural victory, when my cities started to expand their cultural borders my close border diplo relations caused a war. As my science had stopped my military was not up to the job and I gave up. So that was why in this game I decided on an attack on mao.
To pigswill, good to see a fan of the water margin.

Nice thing about Liz is that redcoats are essentially superior to anything pre-infantry.

Top Bottom