1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cultural Assimilation!!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by jc011, Nov 4, 2001.

1. jc011

jc011 Rider of Rohan

Ah!!!, i just love it when they convert... although the positions aren't very good, since they are so close to you that they share resource squares with other cities. Well, in my first game, only 6 or five cities I've built.... so the Americans, and aztecs come over and build right on the border and push mine back... I laugh at that!! Later, their cities are overthrowing their own government and i gladly take them in. I have about 10 cities now.

2. dozenlong

dozenlong Warlord

It is obnoxious when they mess up your well planned systems insuring that every city can use all of its squares--one funny thing I've noticed is that some of my converted cities occur far away, and they use all 19 (or whatever squares), but it's in a different pattern than usual, more lopsided. Definitely okay in my book, but weird.

3. damunzy

damunzy recovering former mod Retired Moderator

Even if the city is in a bad place (which all of my captured cities are b/c I build cities right near them to overwhealm them with my culture) they allow you to build more armies. Unfortunately I havn't been in a war in over 2k+ years. All the AIs seem really nice on Chieftan, and I can't break my citizen's hearts (war wearriness).