Resource icon

Cultural Diversity

Some kind of database error, altho very bizarre since iirc Louis uses base France. Try cutting down mods, especially potentially outdated Civs.
After severals attempt i've decided to do clean swipe of all my mods, too bad for the translated ones but at least everything will up to date

Oh hai there!

I am having some issues with my modded Civ5. And i was finally gonna do a clean install of Civ5 and adding mod by mod to see where things might have gone wrong, hehe.

I basically want to end up using JFDs mods, since they are awesome. However i am just using Cultural Diversity atm (And Vox Populi pack), since im installing mod by mod, and when i start a game as Ghandi it tells me (in game) that i should start with a source of incense nearby (So i do atleased get a messege that it's installed and "working") I settle my city and i don't see any incense. I thought that maybe i need to research calendar before it shows up, but still no incense. Then i looked over my happiness to see if it was a "hidden" source of incense that gave me happiness, but i couldn't see anything there either. I do have desert around my city so incense should be able to spawn near my city. I tried to start a new game several times to see if i would get the incense but no luck.

When i start as Sweden for example i do get the extra starting gold, and calendar tech is researched when i start as Aztecs.

So my question is as follows... Have i messed something up already or don't you get a copy of incense as Ghandi?

And since some of JFDs mods requires the community patch i assume it's fine to use all the mods in the Vox Populi installer? Currently using the Vox Populi (12-6-1) version without EUI.

It is fine with just CP, but there is some unbalance issues with CBO/VP. Also some features of JFD's mods will not work because of how CBO/VP is coded.

I just play with CP and JFD's mods.

It is fine with just CP, but there is some unbalance issues with CBO/VP. Also some features of JFD's mods will not work because of how CBO/VP is coded.

I just play with CP and JFD's mods.

Aaaaah, thank you for answering that! :)

Oh hai there!

I am having some issues with my modded Civ5. And i was finally gonna do a clean install of Civ5 and adding mod by mod to see where things might have gone wrong, hehe.

I basically want to end up using JFDs mods, since they are awesome. However i am just using Cultural Diversity atm (And Vox Populi pack), since im installing mod by mod, and when i start a game as Ghandi it tells me (in game) that i should start with a source of incense nearby (So i do atleased get a messege that it's installed and "working") I settle my city and i don't see any incense. I thought that maybe i need to research calendar before it shows up, but still no incense. Then i looked over my happiness to see if it was a "hidden" source of incense that gave me happiness, but i couldn't see anything there either. I do have desert around my city so incense should be able to spawn near my city. I tried to start a new game several times to see if i would get the incense but no luck.

When i start as Sweden for example i do get the extra starting gold, and calendar tech is researched when i start as Aztecs.

So my question is as follows... Have i messed something up already or don't you get a copy of incense as Ghandi?

And since some of JFDs mods requires the community patch i assume it's fine to use all the mods in the Vox Populi installer? Currently using the Vox Populi (12-6-1) version without EUI.

I think CP might break all Resource Placing start bonuses. I get round this by just not using starting bonuses :p

I'm having issues with the era splash art, it showed the base game splash arts when i was playing as Korea. It stayed this way for every era. It happened again on England and the Ottomans. To clarify the mods i have in use are Vox Populi, enlightenment, enlightenment/VP compatibility, civ-linked great generals, r.e.d. just ethnic units, events and decisions, and unique cultural influence for VP

Last edited:
No idea why, but while the modded soundtrack does play, it's an Indian/Mid-Eastern theme that's being played constantly, even when I'm playing civs that are definitely not from within that group like the Sioux and Romania.

Will you upload Cultural Diversity to Steam Workshop?

Probably not; Soundtrack's definitely too big to upload, and I think core CulDiv might be too. Even if not, it wouldn't really be worth the effort; Workshop's rather unreliable when it comes to downloading stuff, and its one benefit (the autoupdating) isn't really even a big deal here because CulDiv is updated like once in a blue moon.

In anticipation of Chrisymas's release of JFDLC, CulDiv was updated to v16 yesterday. Since this includes an update to the ginormous Soundtrack, I want to re-post the new OP and let people download this update ahead of time. But please be aware that you won't be able to use v16 until JFDLC is released.

Here, you will find links to keep up-to-date with Cultral Diversity.
These can only be downloaded directly through my Google Drive and MediaFire.

For detailed information, see the JFDModding Wiki.

Information

Cultural Diversity adds depth to each Civilization by assigning them to one of 30 Cultures (with 10 additional subcultures). Each Culture and subculture has a variety of unique music, era transition screens, embarkation graphics, starting resources, unit dialogue, and various Culturally-themed supports for the Rise to Power mod. A list of included Cultures and Subcultures are shown below.

Cultures
Aboriginal, Andean, Bantu, Bharata, Central, Classical (Roman), Colonial (Latin), East Indies, Eastern (Byzantine), Great Plains, Himalayan, Islamic (Turkic), Iranian, Katuje, Mandala, Mesoamerican, Mesopotamic (Egyptian), Northern (Celtic), Oceanic, Oriental (Japanese), Pacific, Polar, Saharan, Semitic (Ethiopic), Southern (Papal), Steppe, Totalitarian, West-African, Western (British), Woodlands

Direct Installation
  • Download from Google Drive and MediaFire.
  • Unzip the contents of this into My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization V\MODS
  • Enable in Mods and click Next.
For more detailed instructions, see Discord.

Troubleshooting

If you encounter issues, it is important that you communicate this clearly so that someone can help you. You will need the following things:
  1. Mod Version.
  2. Mod List (other mods you have active).
  3. Database and/or Lua log files. See here for instructions.

User Settings

Some features can be disabled using the included JFD_CulDivUserSettings.sql file. This is located at Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core)

Please note, if you do not intend to use the Soundtrack, you will need to disable the 'JFD_CULDIV_SOUNDTRACK_ADDON' user setting.

Credits
  • COF: Research (various)
  • Janboruta: Research (various), Artwork (African/Arabic/Bharata/Oceanic/Tribal-American/Turkic splash borders, Central/Eastern/Western Icons).
  • Leugi: Graphics (African/Arabic/Bharata/Turkic Embarkation), Research (High-American/Latin Colonial/Tribal-American/Andean splashes, Latin Colonial music), Artwork (High-American splash border)
  • Kesler: Research (various Music)
  • Klisz: Research (Katuje)
  • Reedstilt: Research (Oceanic/Tribal-American splashes)
  • Regalman: Research (Semitic splashes)
  • sss64sss: Research (various Music and splash screens)
  • SnowyNix: Research (Polar music)
  • Sun Ce of Wu the Musician: Research (various Music)
  • Sword of Geddon: Research (Oceanic/African music)
  • TheLohoped: Research (Polar splashes)
  • Tomatekh: Artwork (various Culture Group Alphas)
  • TPangolin: Research (various splashes, various music)
  • Hangman: Graphics (High-American Embarkation)
  • Wolfdog: Graphics (Mandala/Mesopotamic/Oriental Embarkation)
Additional Credits

Spoiler :

Unit Dialogue:
Except for those listed below, all unit dialogue taken from Civ IV.
Italian - Napoleonic Era Team
Hunnic - cool3a2
Polish- Napoleonic Era Team
Siamese - Sukritact
Swedish - Napoleonic Era Team

Classical:
Andreas Waldetoft - Music (EU: Rome OST) - Various
Stephen Rippy, Kevin McMullan - Music (AoM) - Various
Tyler Bates - Music (Rise of the Argonauts) - Various

Mandala:
TheOngkhaphayop - Various tracks taken from their channel
eklavvya - Art
Thanakorn Chaijinda - Art
ohnios - Art
tonyhurst - Art

Northern:
Adrian von Ziegler - Music
Antti Martikainen - Music
BrunuhVille - Music
The Royal Scots Dragoons - Music - Various

Oriental:
adamkuczek - Art
flaviobolla - Art
najtkriss - Art
TaiGyoza - Art
Terserone - Art

Semitic:
jcbarquet - Art

Please see the included Credits.txt file for a full list of credits for music and art used. The ones listed are those used on multiple occassions.

Last edited:
Some bug/balance reports:
1) CIVILIZATION_MINOAN_LS_MOD is the Civ name for that one. I think you were missing the "N"
2) The free aqueduct for Iranian civs is too powerful in Vox Populi. I suggest the herbalist instead (BUILDINGCLASS_HERBALIST)

Gratz on v16

Hello! Have you change the initial bonus for oriental civs? Have just started a game with Cixi - the Great Qing civ (which I love by the way), that had an initial worker as starting bonus, and now has a source of silk near the capital. The wikia page doesn't seem to be updated yet, or maybe it's another kind of problem?

Hello! Have you change the initial bonus for oriental civs? Have just started a game with Cixi - the Great Qing civ (which I love by the way), that had an initial worker as starting bonus, and now has a source of silk near the capital. The wikia page doesn't seem to be updated yet, or maybe it's another kind of problem?

Starting Bonuses have been changed so that all are Resources. They're being removed soontm anyway, but for now that's how it is. The wiki is probably very outdated, and I've no idea how much of the information is still valid; I know at one point I was trying to clean up some stuff on the Sov. Page but I was losing track of stuff myself :p

Ok, thanks for the answer. I liked the idea of the different bonuses for each cultural group, but probably some of them were too much unbalanced (like the free worker).

Top Bottom