1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cultural Diversity

Cultural Diversity

1. Noel Wong Yan Ming

Noel Wong Yan Ming Chieftain

I was wondering if someone could explain to me, a non-modder, a way to fix wrongly assigned/unassigned civs to their respective culture groups? I have been intent on playing Leugi's Israel mod, but instead of the Semitic cultural group, I get a Mesopotamia - Egyptian subculture (1 Wheat). I hope that it's possible that I can fix the problem.

2. Tryford

Tryford Chieftain

Simplest way:
    - Open the following file (with a text editor): MODS\(bnw) leugi's israel civilization (v 7)\Compatibility\Diversity\IsraelCulture.sql
    - Replace all "CULTURE_JFD_MESOPOTAMIC" by "CULTURE_JFD_SEMITIC"
    - Save IsraelCulture.sql and close your editor. Also consider purging your cache just in case (delete everything in the "cache" folder next to "MODS")

Reminder just in case: the MODS folder is usually in C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME_HERE>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS (for Windows user)

Hope this helps

3. Noel Wong Yan Ming

Any idea how to fix the 'Unable to Load Textures' problem when transitioning to a new era? I am having this problem with Sukritact's Burma which is weird because the culture group (Mandala) is correct, but the Era screen is not working properly.

4. SLGray

SLGray King

If you are using JFDLC.exe, the mods that were compatibility with the separate mods could be not compatibility with the combined mod.

5. Noel Wong Yan Ming

I'm actually using the individual mod rather than JFDLC.exe.

6. SLGray

SLGray King

What version do you have of Cultural Diversity?

7. Noel Wong Yan Ming

8. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

I was having the same issue before I dropped this mod. I was just checking to see if there was a new version where that was fixed so I guess that didnt happen.

9. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    SLGray likes this.
  10. Alkahest

Alkahest Lord of the Internet

I'm currently using version 16 of Cultural Diversity (standalone, not with the JFDLC), alongside the most recent version of Vox Populi and am having an issue where the subculture specific graphics don't seem to be appearing. Not like a missing texture, like certain civs that should have a defined subculture, like Rome or Japan, are using the default Euro-Classical and Oriental, respectively, instead. I've reinstalled a few times with no luck in figuring out why this is happening.

EDIT: It also appears that many of the changes to city building style (India to Middle Eastern, etc.) are not working either, although I don't really mind.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  11. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

12. Alkahest

Alright, take 2.

Mod Version: 16
    Modlist:
    Spoiler :

• Community Patch,
    • CBO,
    • CSD for CBP,
    • C4DF for CBP,
    • More Luxuries CBO edition,
    • CBO - EUI compatibility files,
    • Enlightenment Era for Vox Populi,
    • Global Relations,
    • Historical Religions Complete,
    • Hypereon's Second French Empire,
    • JFD's Babylon (Hammurabi),
    • JFD's Rome (Julius Caesar),
    • JFD's Empire of Great Britain (Victoria) for Vox Populi
    • JFD's Empire of Russia (Peter the Great)
    • JFD's Empire of Sweden (Karl XII)
    • JFD's Empire of Norway
    • JFD's Kingdom of Prussia for Vox Populi
    • JFD's Soviet Union (Stalin)
    • JFD's State of Deseret
    • JFD's UK of GB and NI (Churchill)
    • JFD's USA (Teddy Roosevelt)
    • JFD's Cultural Diversity Core
    • MC's Greek Split
    • Quick Turns
    • RED Modpack
    • Really Advanced Setup
    • Republic of Rhodesia
    • Republic of Texas
    • TarcisoCM's Germany (Wilhelm II)
    • Unique Cultural Influence

Logs are attached

Attached Files:

13. SLGray

SLGray King

Do you have EUI?

14. Alkahest

Yes, it wasn't in my mod menu so I guess I forgot to mention it. Sorry about that.

15. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

One of the civs your using has outdated support for CulDiv and lacks a Reference to CulDiv needed to prevent his. Try loading CulDiv last (deselect all your mods, then reselect each with CulDiv being selected last. Otherwise, start disabling the modded civs, started with non-JFD ones which are more likely to be improperly setup, then VP versions of mine if theres still an issue, and finally if theres still an issue try disabling my civs in order of oldest to newest updated.

16. Alkahest

After disabling all of the modded Civs, the era splashscreens are working with the appropriate subcultures and the city artstyles are changed to be what CulDiv changes them to be, although the starting bonuses still don't seem to work. This is alright for me though as it's probably better balanced with the CBO that way. Thanks for the help guys!

EDIT: scratch that. Japan is still being basic Oriental instead of Oriental - Japanese.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  17. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

18. Jorge Tamay

Jorge Tamay Chieftain

Hi, I'm having some problems with my games, I don´t know exactly which mod is being the problem; at 173 turn (I think) the game crashed when the barbarians turns is loading, another problem I have is that the religions options do not appear correctly, having no follower belief and having to open the ingame editor included on the JFDLC and choosing "founding religion". I'm using Community Patch v 88 included in the JFDLC, the Pouakai's Enlightment Mod, Sukritact's Events and Decisions, JFD Culture Diversity, JFD Rise to Power, JFD Events Compendium, IGE for JFDLC, Ethnics Unites (v 31) and Unique Cultural Influence (v 4) Mods.
    I hope you can help me.

Attached Files:

19. Biobob

Biobob Chieftain

I am trying to run the full JFDLC installation along with Historical Religions Edit; everytime I found a religion, the game crashes when the barbarians take their turn after I press "Next turn". Is there any fix to this?

Also, I hope the development of this mod is not over, I love it so much :) it is really the best thing I have ever played!

20. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

HR is incompatible with public JFDDLC, as is any mod which adds a custom religion.