1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cultural Diversity

Cultural Diversity

1. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

The latest public version is w/e is on the Discord server.

2. Aisale

Aisale Chieftain

Hi, I entered the Discord server, only found the version released last year on information board.Can you tell me where to get the latest version? Thanks.

3. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

(I presume you're talking about JFDLC) There has been no public update since then, but there is a private beta you are free to try. However, this version is a part of an on-going re-write of the mod from scratch, so right now it's incomplete - it has all the components of the Cities in Development mod (i.e. all the city-based mechanics like Loyalty, Slavery, Health, etc.) but nothing else (none of the stuff from Rise to Power like Governments or State Religions, etc.). The link is here if you're interested: https://discord.gg/2TqXjv. I haven't really been able to work on it in a few months, so I can't guarantee that there'll be a public update at Christmas, but that's the plan.

If you did actually mean Cultural Diversity like Chrisy might've thought, then I've kind of lost track for that but the latest for it is included with the beta JFDLC update. There isn't a lot I plan to do with CulDiv though; just to tidy up some of the icons and add some more unit dialogue.

4. Aisale

Aisale Chieftain

I mean JFDLC and thanks for your link, I'll try it when I have time. Hope to see the complete version at Christmas! :D

5. meatball20

meatball20 rockhound

WE need napalm units to decrease cultural for progress to cultural victory. Spies need more action jackson

6. horngeek

horngeek Chieftain

Just want to check- will the base mod work without music? This is mostly because I'd like to try this out before the music finished downloading. EDIT2: Self-answered through test, the music looks like it's required.

EDIT: Second question, how does this interact with mods that outright add new unit types like- to give the specific example- Future Worlds? Does it simply not change the units, or does it outright break stuff?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  7. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

It does work without the music, you just need to go into the user settings file and set the JFD_CULDIV_SOUNDTRACK_ADDON option to 0, located in
    Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFDLC (07) - JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core)

This mod doesn't change units directly, so should have no incompatibility with FW units. The only thing that relates to units is the unit dialogue, which works universally. I did plan on distinct unit models based on culture group but these plans fell through, so they're not in the mod.

SLGray likes this.
  8. ELEMENTLHERO

ELEMENTLHERO Chieftain

I am using Cultural Diversity with Vox populi and I play as Western culture (Carthage (vanilla Carthage leader)) and the bonus is getting the liberty tree unlocked, but the Progress tree isn't unlocked (equivalent to liberty tree). On the Vox populi page stood it that these mods are compatible. If anyone could help it would be to great appreciation.
    If I am posting this one the wrong place or more info needed, I am all ears, first time here.

Edit: Is there any way to use the mod without changing any gameplay, such as remaining music, art but not adding the bonuses from the mod?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  9. Chrisy15

Starting Bonuses were removed a while ago due to this exact sort of issue. Either update the mod, or go to the mod's UserSettings to disable the Starting Bonuses.

10. ELEMENTLHERO

ELEMENTLHERO Chieftain

Hi Chrisy15, thanks, I was unsure if the mod worked, but if that part of the mod is removed than thanks for letting me know!

11. Zooasaurus

Zooasaurus Warlord

Thanks for this, kinda afraid nothing's coming since the discord was closed haha. Looking forward for the update!
    On another hand, the current public RtP still contains CiD contents right?

12. Chrisy15

Yeah.

13. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

I wanted to make CulDiv from @JFD compatible with UCS from @Enginseer. Simple adding appropriate CSs to that table seems to not work:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO MinorCivilization_JFD_CultureTypes
            (MinorCivilizationType,        CultureType)
    VALUES    (...('MINOR_CIV_ZANZIBAR',        'CULTURE_JFD_ISLAMIC'),
            ('MINOR_CIV_ZURICH',        'CULTURE_JFD_CENTRAL'),
            ('MINOR_CIV_AUCKLAND',        'CULTURE_JFD_WESTERN'),
            ('MINOR_CIV_GRANADA',        'CULTURE_JFD_ISLAMIC'),
            ('MINOR_CIV_NANMANDOL',        'CULTURE_JFD_OCEANIC'),
            ('MINOR_CIV_MUSCAT',        'CULTURE_JFD_ISLAMIC'),
            ('MINOR_CIV_CLERMONT',        'CULTURE_JFD_SOUTHERN'),
            ('MINOR_CIV_HONDURAS',        'CULTURE_JFD_COLONIAL'),
            ('MINOR_CIV_ARMAGH',        'CULTURE_JFD_SOUTHERN'),
            ('MINOR_CIV_GWYNEDD',        'CULTURE_JFD_NORTHERN'),
            ('MINOR_CIV_LACONIA',        'CULTURE_JFD_CLASSICAL'),
            ('MINOR_CIV_MUISCA',        'CULTURE_JFD_MESOAMERICAN'),
            ('MINOR_CIV_YANGCHENG',        'CULTURE_JFD_ORIENTAL'),
            ('MINOR_CIV_PHANOTEUS',        'CULTURE_JFD_CLASSICAL'),
            ('MINOR_CIV_MANAGUA',        'CULTURE_JFD_COLONIAL'),
            ('MINOR_CIV_SANTO_DOMINGO',    'CULTURE_JFD_COLONIAL'),
            ('MINOR_CIV_CHEVAK',        'CULTURE_JFD_POLAR'),
            ('MINOR_CIV_DOUALA',        'CULTURE_JFD_WEST_AFRICAN'),
            ('MINOR_CIV_ODENSO',        'CULTURE_JFD_NORTHERN');
    Base CSs have unique music when entering their screen, but those from UCS have awful default one. I use currently v16 version of the Core and v2 of Soundtrack.

Can someone help me?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  14. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

The unique CS music is from the vanilla game - not something CulDiv adds. Enginseer will need to add custom music for his new city-states.

If that code is as you posted, then the (... in front of Zanzibar will need removing.

adan_eslavo likes this.
  15. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

That would explain why I cannot add any music. I thought those tunes are from your mod. All the time.

Code was ok. I just cut some part out.

I talked to @Enginseer and he was not intrested in making compatibility files. Now when we know that it is not compatibility issue, maybe he will add some music, even from old CSs.

Thanks for help.

Soupy Delicious likes this.
  16. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

Are there screenshots from this mod and/or could they be added to original post?

17. WoodenThrone

WoodenThrone Chieftain

Hello, so I've read the post above and will simply copy-pasting the code to CulDiv_Civilizations2.sql have the new city-states the cultures?

18. X_BriX

X_BriX Chieftain

I have a problem. I downloaded all three parts of soundtrack from JFD's mediafire and extracted to a single folder, but there is no .MODINFO file so the game doesn't see it as a mod.
    I have JFDLC (7) - Cultural Diversity (core) installed and activated in-game.
    Folder after having all three parts extracted:

Ryansinbela likes this.
  19. SLGray

SLGray King

When you extract them into one folder, was the folder a zip/rar folder? I mean was there a folder inside and inside of that folder was the files. If yes, then you did not extract them correctly.

20. X_BriX

X_BriX Chieftain

I'm sorry, the screenshot din not upload correctly :/
    All .rars extracted to one folder: https://imgur.com/a/CtMkhn4

Attached Files:

• ds.bmp
      File size:
      6.6 MB
      Views: