1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cultural Diversity

Cultural Diversity

1. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

Eager to see all of the splash screens, I got a DDS Viewer program. The Turkic Classical one crashed the program, and its file size is smaller than the other dds files. I don't know if that's the program messing with it or if it will effect the game, but it's something to investigate.

2. SuperWaffle247

SuperWaffle247 Secretary General

Just started a round as Iceland...wow, the music is so fantastic. Just blows me away. Nicely done.

3. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Indeed :cringe:

Please download this file to fix the issue with the Turkic Classical splash screen, and copy it over the top of the existing one in MODS/JFD's Cultural Diversity (Aesthetic)/Asian/Turkic/Splashscreens

Also, the Core file has been updated to shift Pakistan to the Bharata group

4. RawSasquatch

RawSasquatch Minuteman

A bit late, but yeah; the CSA is CIVILIZATION_CSA, Jefferson Davis is LEADER_DAVIS, and the mod ID, if needed, is e50f4fca-2e61-4d56-84c1-40bfffa26800.

5. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

6. Gp_123

Gp_123 Chieftain

Those totalitarian songs are creepy as hell

7. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

Mission accomplished. :scan:

8. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Bah! Another bug :p Thanks and damn to Reedstilt for helping me include a more accurate selection of Tribal American splash screens :lol:

Copy the contents of this zip over the top of MODS/JFD's Cultural Diversity (Aesthetics)/American/Tribal/Splashscreens

9. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

Hmm, I feel like the Industrial/Modern/Atomic Splash screens should be visualizations of what their society would've been like without outsider intervention (like how the Future is).

10. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

If you find some, let me know :D Incidentally, without outsider intervention, there probably wouldn't be that much difference - technology is spurred by need, and the greatest need comes as a result of warfare, which seemed to be lacking on any comparable scale in North America.

11. Leugi

Leugi Supreme Libertador

Yeah, in the case of High American it was easier to find some nice options, but for Tribal is far harder... I think that, for example, Kashyyk would make a nice Future or Atomic image for Tribal American, if one finds a good concept art of it without wookies hehe.

I wanted to try digital-painting some, but that takes long and I don't have much practice in painting to be honest...

12. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

This is true, however if the west would have been peaceful, perhaps trade would increase their rate of technological advancement. I'll keep a keen eye out!

This could certainly be Future/Atomic:

Spoiler :

I also prefer these for High American Renaissance/Classical/Medieval shots:

Spoiler :

Also perhaps this for Atomic/Future High American:

Spoiler :

13. Leugi

Leugi Supreme Libertador

I think the High American ones used currently are nice enough (alas, I also was the one who found them :p ) and specially I wouldn't change Classical/Medieval... Using the sports one for Renassaince isn't so bad though, might work.

I like what you posted for Atomic/Future... I admit I also like the ones I found, but I suppose it's JFD's call anyway...

-- And yeah, using some futuristic Canyon cities for Tribal American is something that might work.

EDIT: BTW JFD, could you perhaps als provide an Aesthetics version without Soundtracks? My internet connection is quite slow :(

14. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Sure thing - I'll get to that later today.

15. DonStamos

DonStamos Mobster Inc©

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but to Civs' individual peace/war music still play before the rest of the soundtrack kicks in on a game?

16. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

17. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

18. Reedstilt

Reedstilt Prince

Yeah, I mentioned that to JFD as well but also promised not to harass him about it until I actually had some decent images to replace them with. Looking for them though hasn't been a huge priority for me this week. If anyone else can find some good ones first, I'm sure JFD would be happy to have them.

19. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

After a brief Persian game that I'm restarting in hopes of not having Shaka next to me, I have only one question: JFD, do you secretly work for Firaxis?

I salute a fellow Age of Mythology fan, I almost forgot which game I was playing for a second!

20. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

The mod is that bad is it? :p