Resource icon

Cultural Diversity

I feel this could need some more of the original concept, although that could just be represented through (a) unique decision(s). The reason I used to be eager for this mod was because it made the different groups so... different. Now that's not the case. I do like unique events, starting bonuses and maybe decisions, but I feel the mod misses the original idea. Maybe it's because I liked that the original mod had large bonuses and large penalties. I would've liked the groups to have optional, unique 'traits', possibly also buildings and units. Although I might be the only person who wants that...

It seems that you were :( I liked the idea too - but the responses - and factors such as the demand unique buldings/units/wonders would have for art - have eroded the concept - a lack of moddability for the Civ Selection Screen also makes it difficult to figure how to present information about any disparities before the player chooses their civ. I don't particularly want to devote time to a feature that most people are going to turn off, either. And to put things into perspective, I don't get out of Europe much, so it's a wonder this mod exists at all :lol:

This doesn't mean more robust disparities can't come back in the future - the separation of the mechanics from the aesthetics makes that very easy. I hope, for now, you'll still make use of the mod to enhance immersion - the soundtracks really make a difference. At least, I think so.

Oh well - more time to focus on P&P anyway :)

For what it's worth, I was a fan of the unique things across the cultural groups too - reminded me of Rome 2's system where each faction group has a bunch of unique traits, then each specific faction has more unique traits in addition to it

Oh I liked the unique attributes as well... Just have an issue with science boosts/penalties. But there were some nice ideas for High-Tribal American attributes, Colonial ideology-centrism... Of course I also understand it's quite a lot of work too.

Mod updated:

• Added new splash screens and soundtrack exclusive to Japan
  • Added new oceanic soundtrack
  • Fixed an issue with the Turkic Classical splash screen
  • Re-arranged some of the Tribal American splash screens
  • Expanded upon the Mesopotamian soundtrack
  • Added a few additional Oriental tracks to make up for the removal of some of the Japanese-themed tracks
  • Re-worked the mod to fit better with the Core component

There are some other non-specific but major overhauls done, which is why it needs to be downloaded from scratch. However, it is now in a finished state - there is a slight issue with the Colonial tracks, but please use the patch on the OP to remedy this.

Any particular reason the unmodded civs are in the first table on the master core list, but not the second?

There's a "Civilizations" table and then a "CivilizationsCultureGroups" table right below it. This is on the new core mod.

That's a trigger which'll fire whenever a new civ is added to the database; this'll catch any civs added after CulDiv is loaded, but this isn't necessary for vanilla civs. Hopefully this'll be depreciated in time as more civ-mod authors add support within their own civs - but it'll always be there for those authors who don't.

Hi there JFD, I have tried out Gademinas with cul. div., but I hit a snag: the poor guy is stuck in the colonial group. I looked in the master.sql, and there is a Lithuania in in the northern group, but i'm not sure if it's the one with Gademinas. No trace of a Lithuania-tag in the colonial group though. Is possible that a civ without a tag is put in the colonial group by default?

Hi there JFD, I have tried out Gademinas with cul. div., but I hit a snag: the poor guy is stuck in the colonial group. I looked in the master.sql, and there is a Lithuania in in the northern group, but i'm not sure if it's the one with Gademinas. No trace of a Lithuania-tag in the colonial group though. Is possible that a civ without a tag is put in the colonial group by default?

There is no support for JFD's Lithuania atm, as his tag for Lithuania is different.

Totalitarian tracks 4 and 15 have typos in their filenames making it differ from the audio sql. There is also a second track 12 that's a different song (I just made it 28 and added it to the audio sql). Nothing too breaking since totalitarian has a lot of tracks already, but I'd figured I'd give a heads up.

Also, where would Australian Aboriginal civs go? Oceanic doesn't seem too right. Tribal American's the closest, but that's American. I guess they go in Totalitarian with the Sami then? :mischief:

Please use this patch in the meantime; it adds support for all of my civs until I can get to them.

Totalitarian tracks 4 and 15 have typos in their filenames making it differ from the audio sql. There is also a second track 12 that's a different song (I just made it 28 and added it to the audio sql). Nothing too breaking since totalitarian has a lot of tracks already, but I'd figured I'd give a heads up.

Ah, swear words :cringe: Will make a patch, thanks (or damn you :p)

Okay, a couple of bugs fixed, so please re-download the Core component and also install the bug-fixing patch. Support for my civs (those which don't have internal support yet) has been added to a patch to the OP, as well.

Why are the Papal States in the Colonial group?

I mean in the patch, they're listed as being in the colonial group.

Top Bottom