Cultural Domination

One more comment. It will be easier to flip cities than people claim (although, as posted earlier, I know that's not your whole focus). You see, the AI only builds about two units per city for this variant (or at least the one I saw did). So there aren't as many units to prevent city flips. Handy, huh? By the way, feel free to tell me to stop sharing my experience. :)

If you can play now FOTH, do so. I'll be able to do some turns tomorrow, and then we'll be back to a normal roster. Try to scout as much as you can, and Settle next city close to a neighboring Capital. RT's proposed spot looks good to me, only problem being a lot of jungle to cut. After the settler, put some turns into the stonhenge, or a warrior. (we need to scout in order to know where to settle our first cities.) Then maybe we should go with a worker next?

Checking the save, I was thinking about where to put city #2. As I said, Rex, your spot is good, but would it be to crazy to Settle one tile south, ON the Ivory? That's three tiles from Karakorum. Bombay will be a holy city, and Karakorum will only have 2 cpt for a long time.:groucho:

Settling one tile closer has HUGE advantages, much more than giving up being able to work the Ivory tile would give us. We just need to make sure we can get him in place before the borders pop.

Tech-wise, we should try to get Bronze Working soon, not for chopping, but for WHIPPING. I've found in the last few days that whipping settlers/workers is just as effective (if not more effective) in high-food cities than chopping, especially since you can repeat the benefits after the city grows again. Of course, we shouldn't give up religion/culture opportunities for this.

I should probably point out that I didn't spend a whole lot of time finding the perfect tile for settlement, figuring that Khan's borders might redefine everything. I really just planted that flag for general area settlement.

Munterpipe said:
If you can play now FOTH, do so. I'll be able to do some turns tomorrow, and then we'll be back to a normal roster.

I can't get the save for some reason. When I click on the link that points to it, it gives me a page not found message. I can play tonight if I can get the save in the next couple of hours, otherwise, Munterpipe, go ahead and play tomorrow as I won't be able to again until Friday.

Fool, I just tried grabbing it (the save is the link that reads "Happy?") and it worked. Though, I'm unable to get the SGOTM save for my team, so maybe they're having issues here with their file server. Don't know.

Munterpipe said:
i managed to grab it aswell.

I can see it now, but probably won't have time to play tonight so go ahead Munterpipe. I'll pick it up after your turn and we'll be back on schedule.

Whops! It seems like I can't get it now. I didn't save it when I looked at it the last time. I guess it will be available from time to time so I'll try later.

I played 20 turns. Met Tokugawa. That means we have met all our opponents.

After the settler was done in Dehli, I started a warrior. We need to scout, and I want the city to grow. At size three it can start a worker, and then pump out Settlers and workers en masse. We should chop wonders in border cities.

I settled Bombay ON the Ivory, and look: Ghengis is making a farm for us.

Here's Kyoto.

We are puny, like we care.

Okay, I said I played 20 turns, I lied. I played 21 since I wanted to see Judaism come in. Bombay is a holy city.

The corn tile is 94% Mongolian. Let's keep an eye on that one, and see how fast we can capture it.

To our north is a small peninsula, that we can save for last. We might also be able to block the western peninsula if we want to.

And rex... you wanna?

I like that hill next to the stone for attacking Japan, but we only have until 2000 BC to get there (when a capital with just a palace reaches culture level 3).

Top Bottom