Cultural Heritage

No it is the design of the Cultural Heritage targets. They include some things that can be evaluated when you reach the target tech but others need to compare your "score" with other nations "score" when they pass that target tech.
Could we get around having to make it about any kind of comparisons and just go with what they have done for themselves and allow the same trait rewards to be given to more than one or just let the first winner of a category take that category and deny any others the ability to get it thereafter?

Could we get around having to make it about any kind of comparisons and just go with what they have done for themselves and allow the same trait rewards to be given to more than one or just let the first winner of a category take that category and deny any others the ability to get it thereafter?
It all depends on if you want to balance it out so that the front runners don't just get further and further ahead, or if you want to accelerate the seam roller effect.

But it should be able to be taken multiple times. But the whole Quest, the one that has the Sed. Lifestyle as goal, will go obsolete as soon as the first one reached it.
I think there may be a way round this using hidden techs.

As far as I know the Quest only goes obsolete for those that have the tech so it is still active for those that don't have that tech.

Now the idea:- Have hidden tech(s) that are used to obsolete the Quest with a bit of Python that gives that tech to everyone as required. That is as each nation gets the trigger tech their "score" is calculated and any targets that can have multiple winners is applied. When the last nation gets the tech their "score" is calculated and individual targets applied. Then the order targets are done. Then everyone is given the invisible obsolete tech.

OK that may not be explained as well as it should.

It all depends on if you want to balance it out so that the front runners don't just get further and further ahead, or if you want to accelerate the seam roller effect.
Good cause to just let all qualify for whatever they qualified best for on their own merits, all rewards being fairly equal and not denying other later achievers to get them.

Just thoughts here.

I always thought the rewards for civ A are calculated if civ A reaches the next era, and for B when B reached it, rather than having to wait till all do.
If it is too complicated, I'm more than happy to put it aside for quite a long time.

How about if the comparison is limited to those civs that have reached the milestone? So the first civ to reach it automatically gets the reward for coming first. But the second to reach it may score higher when compared, in which case it also gets the reward for coming first. Otherwise it automatically comes second. (Reminds me of a road cycling time trial...)

Top Bottom