Cultural Victory Elimination Thread (no SS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread encouraged me to have another few games where I pushed early great works as hard as I could *cough*Pericles*cough*.

I have to be honest and say that I'd leaned away from this style of culture victory since the GS writer nerf, instead preferring a slower approach heavily relying on faith. I was pleasantly surprised by my more recent games that it hasn't been nerfed as hard as my initial thoughts. But it does feel like an all-in strategy so you have to make certain you are going for that victory right from the get-go - and I felt more vulnerable to attack than usual. I like that a mid-game pivot to culture is possible as well. It gives some nice flexibility especially as a backup for an RV.
That's part of the reason why I think Persia is holistically the best Culture Civ, they have a tool that's incredibly strong with regards to culture and tourism in & of itself (Pairidaezas), a general tool that boosts your economy and your early culture (Satrapies), and then they have bonuses that are obscenely strong in early warfare, both for protecting yourself and expanding your base of strength. But I can't really argue those points in this kind of thread that focuses just on the aspects of the game that strictly pertain to crossing the finish line in a specific way. Just kind of an interesting flaw with these sort of elimination threads.

Moderator Action: As the game is concluded, thread closed. Reminder that anyone (other than kryat, who started this thread) is eligible to suggest a new elimination game thread. Just PM me or another moderator for permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom