1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cultural Victory not triggering

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by ChickenFighter, Sep 25, 2018.

1. ChickenFighter

ChickenFighter Chieftain

Hi,

it was my first time playing with Vox Populi (9-19) and I had enjoyed it quite a lot so far!

However, I've run into issues regarding the Cultural Victory. My nation (Brazil) is influential over every other civilization, I have an ideology which my people are content/happy with and I have researched Telecommunication but I'm still not getting the option to build the Citizen Earth Protocol in any of my cities to trigger my cultural victory. Is there something that I have missed or did wrong?

Cheers!

2. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Emperor

The requirement for building the Citizen Earth Protocol is no longer Telecommunications, you now need two Tier 3 Ideology tenets.

Volbelis and ChickenFighter like this.
  3. ChickenFighter

ChickenFighter Chieftain

Thank you, that worked like a charm!

4. intelli

intelli Warlord

Why do they have to be T3? Surely you could have a policy count instead. Totally messed up by skipping T3 policies.

CppMaster likes this.
  5. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

It's all about proving that your "ideology" whenever freedom, order, and autocracy is ultimately the best and you cannot prove that if you cannot show the world the ideology's true powers.

6. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

I personally would prefer a policy count as well. I hate every change that "forces" players to go certain strategies in order to win. This is why I was a big proponent of the change to X policies to unlock medieval and renaissance trees instead of having to finish the tree.

To me the same applies here. Most of the time I am still going to get those Tier 3 policies, they are quite good. So why force a player's hand. The T3 policy requirement is there to ensure that a certain amount of gameplay time has occured before a CV is triggered, so that we don't see crazy early CVs. As a policy count, you get that exact same benefit, and player's get more flexibility. I see no downside.

CppMaster, vyyt, lunker and 4 others like this.
  7. yogiebere

yogiebere Civilization City Planner

I like going into the Rationalism tree for the easy +5% science and the 2 T2 policies forces me not to do that. Would prefer a policy count limit (maybe 1 T2 could be required)

CppMaster likes this.
  8. intelli

intelli Warlord

I'm in the same boat, why take a science or diplo centric victory T3 policy when you're already influential with all civs? Instead I wasted time taking policies to shore up my defence.

CppMaster likes this.
  9. Rekk

Rekk Emperor

Split the middle and require 27 policies and one T3?

10. Omen of Peace

Omen of Peace Prince

I support that idea! It does make sense to reach the "apex" of your Ideology, but one level 3 Tenet should be enough.

CppMaster likes this.
  11. CrabHelmet

CrabHelmet King

I support the idea of one T3. It does feel right you have to demonstrate the power of your ideology.

CppMaster likes this.
  12. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

Z also support number of policies instead of 2 tier 3 tenets. 2nd T3 tenet is always useless for Tourism, you can always get Statecraft's 15% policy instead

CppMaster likes this.
  13. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

I think one T3 is a reasonable compromise

CppMaster likes this.
  14. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

Well you get 1 anyway, 1 is always needed

15. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Emperor

Now that Order's tourism tenets are T2, why not just leave it at 27 policies? This leaves you enough room to adopt one T2 tenet and then finish another secondary tree (that's 27 policies).

16. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Emperor

This is what G said in the Ideology thread:
    Maybe if we buy enough pitchforks he'll change his mind? :)

17. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

My counterpoint to G note about ideologies being special. Your selection of an ideology is very special because it has a big impact on your relationship to other civs and wonders you can build.

The tenets themselves aren’t “special”, they simply are powerful. Just like I choose to take rationalism over an ancient tree because it’s a better bonus, I choose tenants because I get more bang for the buck in the vast majority of cases.

Nothing wrong with that, I have a special moment of decision in choosing my ideology, and then back to normal policy selection, but now with a new group of generally stronger polices (aka tenants).

I don’t need a CV to make ideologies special and powerful, they do thst just fine on their own

CppMaster and CrazyG like this.