Cultural Victory Sabotage Tips?

iwn

Chieftain
The Khmers are about to have 3 cities with 50k culture, 2 are already there. I gave them an expensive tech to start a war with another civ, and they are losing (hehe) but its not enough. The AI seems to favor peace deals and the 3rd city is at 47k culture. Fortunately I have a strong army (going for a Domination win).

My thought is to take out one of the 3 culture cities, even though they are deep in his territory. I'm not sure if I have enough time though. At 47k culture on the 3rd city, should I even bother creating spies as a backup? I don't use spies too often (I'm playing at Noble level).

I have also read about using an aircraft carrier to damage improvements. I already have the fighters so I may do that. What do I target exactly though (I don't play culture games at all)?

You gotta raze (keeping it is too risky, they could surprise you and retake it) one of his top 3 cities ASAP, else you lose, simple as that.

Well now I'm in an awkward spot because Washington (on the receiving side of the war) captured one of the cities. I was attacking also so the Khmers became a vassal to Washingon, for some reason this ended our war (it did not drag Washington into a new war with me. wtf, I thoughts that's how the vassal system worked?)

Before the war ended I capture an unimportant city that is now completely culture sandwiched by Khmer cities. No way to hold it so I guess it's time to gift this city? That would be a first for me.

Well now I'm in an awkward spot because Washington (on the receiving side of the war) captured one of the cities. I was attacking also so the Khmers became a vassal to Washingon, for some reason this ended our war (it did not drag Washington into a new war with me. wtf, I thoughts that's how the vassal system worked?)

Before the war ended I capture an unimportant city that is now completely culture sandwiched by Khmer cities. No way to hold it so I guess it's time to gift this city? That would be a first for me.

Nah, when a civ capitulates it automatically makes peace with everybody.
Now you have 2 options, either trust the Khmer wont be given the city again via Apostolic Palace/UN vote, or just declare war on them and raze the city to be safe

Nuke it from orbit.
It's the only way to be sure. ;)

That's the difference between capitulation (what happened here), and peace vassaling. If he had peace vassaled to a different AI you would be at war with both.

Top Bottom