Cultural victory standard map turn 73 settler

Diktaattori

Chieftain
To my surprise this seems to be fastest cultural victory on standard map or alternatively I can¨t read hall of fame

I achieved this time on first try and first map so it can be vastly improved by better players.

Tactic in nutshell: One of the AIs needs to be Greece. Annihilate other AIs. Before you capture city check that their culture is less than 100. Then give one of capitals that had less than 100 culture to greece and they will liberate it. Destroy Greece. Use great musician from liberty finisher on the liberated city.

I didnt have autosave correctly set up so this is not hall of fame material.

I will upload saves and screenshots later

Edit: I cant upload screen shots as they are TGA format and it is not supported

Attachments

• 0ldAutoSave_0072 BC-1120.Civ5Save
    754 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
How fast do you have to kill the AI for them to only have less than 100 culture? That seems like it may be the hardest part. Even I might be able to get a CV with this strategy. Also, there's a good free program (its even in the Windows Store) called IrfanView that can open TGA images and convert them to jpg, etc.

Well this is on settler difficulty so killings one AI before they reach 100 is not hard. It varies quite much which turn they hit it.

They get 1 culture from palace and 2 culture from monument when they finished it. It seems to me they build monument first quite often. Closest or second closest is doable easily before they hit 100 culture unless they select tradition (+3 culture/turn) and found culture ruin(+20)

You can beeline directly to battering ram and one RAM is usually enough to take early capital. Unless attacking over the river unto hill or something like that

Edit: Playing huns naturally

Last edited:
To my surprise this seems to be fastest cultural victory on standard map or alternatively I can¨t read hall of fame

I achieved this time on first try and first map so it can be vastly improved by better players.

Tactic in nutshell: One of the AIs needs to be Greece. Annihilate other AIs. Before you capture city check that their culture is less than 100. Then give one of capitals that had less than 100 culture to greece and they will liberate it. Destroy Greece. Use great musician from liberty finisher on the liberated city.

I didnt have autosave correctly set up so this is not hall of fame material.

I will upload saves and screenshots later

Edit: I cant upload screen shots as they are TGA format and it is not supported
This is known as the "Greek Liberation Strategy", as described here https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/g-major-liv.537907/

This is known as the "Greek Liberation Strategy", as described here https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/g-major-liv.537907/

I am still surprised that nobody has performed this strategy and have sub 50 cultural victory on standard map(submitted to hall of fame). There isn't even sub 70. Fastest seems to be turn 79 which is really slow

Edit: Even the domination on Deity standard size map has much faster times on turn 54

Top Bottom