1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Culturally Linked Start Locations - An old favorite.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Requests & Ideas' started by AllisonIsLivid, Nov 2, 2017.

1. AllisonIsLivid

AllisonIsLivid Chieftain

Back in Civ V, one of my must have mods was Culturally Linked Start Locations by Gedemon. Maybe I'm dull, but I just prefer to live in an alternate world with comprehensible migration stories.

I've been waiting, hoping to see someone create something similar for Civ VI, but I suppose I'm getting impatient. I have never made any Civ mods before, but this is something I want so badly that I thought I'd ask: Is this feasible?

Gedemon's original mod modifies the AssignStartingPlots.lua in some way to achieve the effect, based on architectural styles, which, assuming a similar .lua exists in Civ VI, seems like something that could be replicated, but I simply don't know where to begin.

2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

YnAMP for civ6 include Culturally Linked Starting Position as an option.

3. AllisonIsLivid

AllisonIsLivid Chieftain

It does?! Well, never mind then. And thank you very very much, Gedemon!