1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Culture and Religion

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Zefyrinus, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Zefyrinus

Zefyrinus Regent

I made this scenario a long time ago, but it seems like I never made a proper thread for it. In this scenario, governments have been replaced by religions. There are a few city improvements and wonders that can only be built during certain religions. There are some changes to the techs, mainly in the ancient era, and some techs are only available to some civilizations.

Other important changes are major changes to the civilizations, some added leader and unit graphics, and the terrain graphics.

A few of the available civilizations are displayed above.

How to install the scenario

1. Find the folder Culture and Religion at the following download: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b402kyap50xl8u5/AAChiPDmBrXkSCYDaawqKmTda?dl=0
    2. Move the contents of this folder (Culture and Religion), but not the folder itself, to Firaxis Games/Civilization III Complete/Conquests*/Scenarios. The contents are another folder also called Culture and religion, but with a lower case R, and 28 .biq files.
      *Note that there is a folder called Scenarios in both the Civilization III Complete folder and in the Conquests folder. You need to put it in the one which is located under Conquests.
    3. Start the game, click on Civ content, and choose the file you want to play. The reason why I have so many .biq files for the same scenario has to do with the starting religion, which is different for each civ. In the editor I had to assign different religions to different player numbers rather than specific civs. Anyway, to cut a long story short, if you choose to play e.g. CaR - Maurya-Ayutthaya.biq, then you get to choose to play either as the Mauryans or as the Ayutthayans on the map that I have crafted for this scenario. (Both Maurya and Ayutthaya start with Hinduism as their religion.) If you instead choose CaR - Maurya-Ayutthaya - Random map.biq, then you would also play as either the Mauryans or Ayutthayans, but on a random map.
    Please write in this thread if the download link doesn't work, or if you find any mistakes in the game that you think I should edit.

2. Zefyrinus

Zefyrinus Regent

Oh, should this be in the Completed Modpacks subforum instead? In that case, could a moderator please move this thread there?

3. Lord Malbeth

Lord Malbeth Emperor

This might be more of a modpack, but it's cool lookin'!

Zefyrinus likes this.
  4. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

5. Zefyrinus

Zefyrinus Regent

All right, thank you!

6. Zefyrinus

Zefyrinus Regent

UPDATE: There was an error that caused the Statue of Zeus and Knights Templar to not produce anything. This has now been fixed.

7. Zefyrinus

Zefyrinus Regent

UPDATE: A few changes have been made to the Civilopedia.

8. Theov

Theov Deity

I get the error that the mesoamerican temple bldg is not there...

9. Zefyrinus

Zefyrinus Regent

Hmm? Does this happen when you try to look it up on the Civilopedia? The graphics for it are supposed to be the standard graphics for the American culture group temple, which are already included in the game. Which version of Civ 3 are you playing?

10. Theov

Theov Deity

No when opening the game, I think I misplaced something somewhere.

11. Zefyrinus

Zefyrinus Regent

Oh? Hmm, the folder Culture and religion (with lower case r) goes into Firaxis Games/Civilization III Complete/Conquests/Scenarios. You don't need to move anything that's within Culture and religion. The biq files also go into Firaxis Games/Civilization III Complete/Conquests/Scenarios.

12. Theov

Theov Deity

Ah I see, your entry for "Scenario Search Folders" directs to /scenarios.
    I placed them in the conquest folder.

You don't actually need to name more than just the folder name. For mine I just type "Theov" there, because that's the name of the folder.

13. Zefyrinus

Zefyrinus Regent

Oh, I see. Allright. If you have any feedback about the scenario after you have played it, I'd be happy to hear. :)