1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[Vanilla] Culture and Tourism Guide

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by Victoria, Nov 29, 2016.

1. cazaderonus

cazaderonus Actual Dad.

Okaaaay. Didnt know about that GS being changed.... Can't believe they dont just release a quick patch to correct the text associated to it... Seems very unprofessional.

Anyway, it wasnt really about who s got the biggest tourism. I just wanted to know if it was a decent, a good, or a very good amount.

Indeed the sphinx were good help, just like castels were in my previous game with france (though i didnt have as much coast so my tourism ended at 1200, still won by turn 290 but had to cripple a spatioport or two)

I'm starting to feel like rushing end game for Sydney opera might not be such a bad idea after all. I'm just not sure you can buff Great Musician output enough to fill it and all those radio towers in your districts.

The backbone of a CV on Deity really seems to be Eiffel Tower + Christo Redemptor + resorts. I think it came out as more than half of my tourism.

2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Yes yes yes, the more I play culture the more resorts are key. But if you want to get your defensive culture running you need the writers and museums

A decent amount for a lower game is 500 but someone won with 24 at turn 54! It's a question of how much defence the opposition has... on deity nowadays 1000+ seems staple. A very good amount would be 1500 imo

Later wonders like Sydney and broadway are good enough to help

3. Fierro

Fierro Chieftain

What happens with tourism when I declare war on civ in the end game? I have America on my current map (King difficulty) and Teddy always gets ridiculous bonuses for science and culture. Currently he has 400 culture per turn while I have about 365+. My tourism (on top panel) is at ~1150 (computers is researched obviously). In my 10 cities I have wonders like Christo Redentor, Broadway, Bolshoi Theatre etc. (not all of them though, only the ones I find important), 3 national parks, numerous seaside resorts, have used Great Merchant that gives tourism for campuses, use all civics that provide tourism, have trade routes and open borders with all civs - and my Foreign Tourism currently is around 250 and increases by 7 each turn while america's domestic tourism is 560+ and increases by 4 per turn. It's turn 285 and I'm afraid I have too little time. Very soon I will dominate all resting civs by tourism but teddy is impossible to beat.

Teddy's only weakness is small army. He spent too much time conquering weaker civs and invading neighbours that on par with strength. I'm sure I can beat him but I'm afraid to lose big amount of tourism. I still will need to conquer all his cities to wipe out this leader from my game. That way I will win by score certainly but I worked so hard to achive Culture victory... would be sad to lose that only because game loves to help certain AI.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  4. Victoria

Do not worry. Teddies 400 culture per turn must be stopped to win.
    You will loose open borders with the others but it is the trade routes that can be powerful, open borders is +25% but a trade route can be up to 125% if you got all the right things. One key point... cutting teddies culture to 300 per turn may be considered counteracting the loss of the open borders buts in reality it's worth 50-75 CPT not 100 and you really want to knock Teddy down to 100, really hammer him, it's how you play to win that counts, not how nicely you can act with a computer.... well for many people anyway.

Fierro likes this.
  5. Zdarg

Zdarg Chieftain

Sorry if it doesn't belong here, but why can't I move an artifact from one archeological museum to another?
    Very new to Civ 6 (not first game, but first where I've digged some artifacts) and after Civ 5 it looks rather contrintuitive and baffling.

6. Victoria

You can only move them between museums that are both full.

7. Zdarg

Zdarg Chieftain

Ok, thanks.
    Is there any reason for that, except of making playing not honeymoon?

8. Victoria

Well each archaeologist has its own city and only gets artefacts for that city. Moving them before its full would cause you not to be able to fill the museum... or have less archaeologists. It's to stop you theming too fast and to not make it so easy as well I imagine.

9. Zdarg

Zdarg Chieftain

But I recently filled two museums with one archaelogist only.

10. Victoria

Considered an archaeologist will only place artefacts in their home museum, how did you manage that?

11. Zdarg

Zdarg Chieftain

Can't say. I just digged three artifacts around his home city (Earth map, Australia), then sailed to Africa and digged another three there, and they were placed into some other museum without any questions. Then archeologist vanished.

Perhaps they changed rules recently?

12. Victoria

Perhaps you did not realise you had 2 archaeologists?... they still have a home museum and doubt they would change this mechanic without telling us. Certainly I played GOTM26 in the weekend and it still works that way.

13. Zdarg

Zdarg Chieftain

Possible. Unlikely but possible.
    Ok, I'll make the third as soon as resources will allow (just attacked by two neighbours) and will report.

14. Zdarg

Zdarg Chieftain

Yes, you were completely right.
    It seems my second archeoligist was completed at the same turn my first one was expended, so I failed to notice it was different archeologist.

Met another question of same area, though. War with Indonezia ended with them giving me three artifacts, just to fill my third miseum in Zaragosa. Meanwhile, Zaragosa built new archeologist and stopped this. Did I got shields back?

15. Victoria

No, you get no production back. Serves you right for being a warmonger.

16. antimony

antimony Chieftain

Yes, it's good to be careful when getting artifacts from trade, for the same reason. If you have an active archaeologist, fill that museum first to avoid losing charges.

17. Victoria

Trading artefact for artefact is safest as it replaces the exchanged one

18. Zdarg

Zdarg Chieftain

Being warmonger, eh? :)
    Being DoWed by a neighbour, killing a dozen their units at my territory and then agreeing to make peace on whatever conditions she suggested, that's warmongering?

19. Victoria

Serves you right for taken cheap imitation artefacts off a neighbour rather than trusting your own experts then... who was this neighbour... China? Were they all made in China?

20. Zdarg

Zdarg Chieftain

Indonezia!